Paperport's Formtyper does not save to Paperport Desktop

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

One of the people at my office, using XP, has a problem with her Paperport
Formtyper feature. It does not save the filled in form back to the Paperport
Desktop. She asked if I can do something about it, but I cannot find any
"fix" to this on the web or on usenet. Any assistance would be much
appreciated.
Thanks.
--Jerry Berger
5 answers Last reply
More about paperport formtyper save paperport desktop
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "jberger" <jberger@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > One of the people at my office, using XP, has a problem with her Paperport
    > Formtyper feature. It does not save the filled in form back to the
    Paperport
    > Desktop. She asked if I can do something about it, but I cannot find any
    > "fix" to this on the web or on usenet. Any assistance would be much
    > appreciated.
    > Thanks.
    > --Jerry Berger

    You could try asking whoever makes this product, or the technical suport at
    your office?
    Its not a Windows XP feature.

    --
    Tumbleweed

    Remove my socks for email address
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "jberger" <jberger@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > One of the people at my office, using XP, has a problem with her
    Paperport
    > Formtyper feature. It does not save the filled in form back to the
    Paperport
    > Desktop. She asked if I can do something about it, but I cannot find
    any
    > "fix" to this on the web or on usenet. Any assistance would be much
    > appreciated.
    > Thanks.
    > --Jerry Berger

    http://www.scansoft.com makes the Paperport product in question. It
    would be that the version she is using is not compatible with Windows
    XP. I believe versions 8-10 function well with XP.

    The new version is supposed to be able to do Adobe documents but I did
    not try it out yet.

    Also to use form typer the document must have been scanned at 200-300
    DPI or it will not function.

    I hope I helped?

    Elector
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message

    > "jberger" <jberger@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > > One of the people at my office, using XP, has a problem with her
    > Paperport
    > > Formtyper feature. It does not save the filled in form back to the
    > Paperport
    > > Desktop. She asked if I can do something about it, but I cannot find
    > any
    > > "fix" to this on the web or on usenet. Any assistance would be much
    > > appreciated.
    > > Thanks.
    > > --Jerry Berger
    >
    > http://www.scansoft.com makes the Paperport product in question. It
    > would be that the version she is using is not compatible with Windows
    > XP. I believe versions 8-10 function well with XP.
    >
    > The new version is supposed to be able to do Adobe documents but I did
    > not try it out yet.
    >
    > Also to use form typer the document must have been scanned at 200-300
    > DPI or it will not function.
    >
    > I hope I helped?
    >
    > Elector

    Unfortunately, this does not help because I already tried everything I
    could. The Scansoft website does not have anything useful and I'm not at
    that point to pay for tech support. But, thanks, just the same.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "jberger" <jberger@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > > > One of the people at my office, using XP, has a problem with her
    > > Paperport
    > > > Formtyper feature. It does not save the filled in form back to
    the
    > > Paperport
    > > > Desktop. She asked if I can do something about it, but I cannot
    find
    > > any
    > > > "fix" to this on the web or on usenet. Any assistance would be
    much
    > > > appreciated.
    > > > Thanks.
    > > > --Jerry Berger
    > >
    > > http://www.scansoft.com makes the Paperport product in question.
    It
    > > would be that the version she is using is not compatible with
    Windows
    > > XP. I believe versions 8-10 function well with XP.
    > >
    > > The new version is supposed to be able to do Adobe documents but I
    did
    > > not try it out yet.
    > >
    > > Also to use form typer the document must have been scanned at
    200-300
    > > DPI or it will not function.
    > >
    > > I hope I helped?
    > >
    > > Elector
    >
    > Unfortunately, this does not help because I already tried everything
    > could. The Scansoft website does not have anything useful and I'm
    not at
    > that point to pay for tech support. But, thanks, just the same.

    Jerry, First off what is the version of your co-workers paperport
    program? As I said before not all versions work with XP, also you may
    have tried to get the scan to go at a lower resolution but that will
    not scan properly.

    There is a few patches at the Scansoft site after you use the radio or
    drop down boxes to say what version your using and what OS your using.
    After they are loaded the updates should be OK.

    Also you may have to remove the program (un-install it and then
    re-install it which seems to help) then try the form typer feature
    again.

    Elector
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > "jberger" <jberger@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > > "Elector" <elector@my-deja.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "jberger" <jberger@sprynet.com> wrote in message
    > > > Paperport
    > the
    > > > Paperport
    > find
    > > > any
    > much
    > > >
    > > > http://www.scansoft.com makes the Paperport product in question.
    > It
    > > > would be that the version she is using is not compatible with
    > Windows
    > > > XP. I believe versions 8-10 function well with XP.
    > > >
    > > > The new version is supposed to be able to do Adobe documents but I
    > did
    > > > not try it out yet.
    > > >
    > > > Also to use form typer the document must have been scanned at
    > 200-300
    > > > DPI or it will not function.
    > > >
    > > > I hope I helped?
    > > >
    > > > Elector
    > >
    > > Unfortunately, this does not help because I already tried everything
    > > could. The Scansoft website does not have anything useful and I'm
    > not at
    > > that point to pay for tech support. But, thanks, just the same.
    > >

    > Jerry, First off what is the version of your co-workers paperport
    > program? As I said before not all versions work with XP, also you may
    > have tried to get the scan to go at a lower resolution but that will
    > not scan properly.
    >
    > There is a few patches at the Scansoft site after you use the radio or
    > drop down boxes to say what version your using and what OS your using.
    > After they are loaded the updates should be OK.
    >
    > Also you may have to remove the program (un-install it and then
    > re-install it which seems to help) then try the form typer feature
    > again.
    >
    > Elector

    Thanks. I'll pass the info to my co-worker and check it out myself when I
    find the opportunity.
    --Jerry

Scanners Desktops Microsoft Peripherals