cant calibrate microtek 4800 w/lightlid

I have been trying to use the lightlid35 that came with my
microtek4800 to scan some slides. They are all coming out very dark. I
have installed the calibration software, but when I attempt to run it,
I get an error "scanner not ready."

The darkness I can "kinda" fix afterwards in PicturePublisher, but
software correction afterwards throws the contrast and color balance
all off....

I un-installed all software, downloaded the latest from microtek
website. installed the scanmaker 5 drivers, then the calibrator per
instructions.

any more ideas from ya'll ?

"dan baker" <botfood@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have been trying to use the lightlid35 that came with my
> microtek4800 to scan some slides. They are all coming out very dark. I
> have installed the calibration software, but when I attempt to run it,
> I get an error "scanner not ready."
>
> The darkness I can "kinda" fix afterwards in PicturePublisher, but
> software correction afterwards throws the contrast and color balance
> all off....
>
> I un-installed all software, downloaded the latest from microtek
> website. installed the scanmaker 5 drivers, then the calibrator per
> instructions.
>
> any more ideas from ya'll ?

Are you sure that all the connectors are plugged in correctly?
Did you remove the protector that is in the light lid covering the lamp.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Are you sure that all the connectors are plugged in correctly?
> Did you remove the protector that is in the light lid covering the lamp.
---------------

connectors are all in... light lid "lights". There is no removable
protector I can see, just the frosted plastic. Regardless, its the
calibration software that wont execute.

> "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > Are you sure that all the connectors are plugged in correctly?
> > Did you remove the protector that is in the light lid covering the lamp.
> ---------------
>
> connectors are all in... light lid "lights". There is no removable
> protector I can see, just the frosted plastic. Regardless, its the
> calibration software that wont execute.

What about the calibration slot in the film holder? It must not be covered
and also must be present and aligned in the correct place on the glass. Make
sure you are placing the film holder in the correct position. Check the
Manual for placement.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com