Delta UPS Woes

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Hi guys, just bougth a pair of delta 500va's and according to the instructions they will communicate directly with the system via the usb and that they will install somesort of program. but windows on both pc's (one 64bit, one 32) just recognises them as batteries but nothing else happens. Am i missing something?

thanks in advance :p

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Did they come with software on a cd? The battery backup units I have purchased have always come with cds - not that I bother installing them 8) If no software came with your units, perhaps you can download the software off the Delta website?

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Thats what i thought man, but according to my wife (she translated the chinese instructions) it does it all by itself, and there wasnt a cd in either box and there is no link to any software on the website. grrr, its not that much of a big deal i suppose, it just means that it wont shut down my pc nicely without the software integration i guess.

thanks for ur reply mate

I couldnt google up a 500VA Delta UPS but I did find a list for an 800VA model.
http://www.unitek-power.com/en/products/product.php?id=delta800-3000
It does come with software included called UPSentry.
When you get a chance try looking for a Aussie or US distributor for that model of UPS and see if you cant track down the software through them.
After that you can see if you can't find some generic software that will communicate with your UPS. If WinXP "sees" the battery there is a chance almost any UPS software will work.

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Hi mate, yeah I can't even find these ones on the Delta website, hmmm, anyhoo, the generic software thing is a good idea! I'll start looking out for that! Thanks for ur time and effort mate, much appreciated!

cheetsy

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Ahh, problem solved! Somewhere in the Chinese manual it says words to the effect of, please download from this website....., So went to www.delta.com.tw/index.asp, clicked on English, and for the love of god couldnt find either my UPS or the software, so babelfished the chinese one and hey presto! so sorted, thanks for the replies :D

p.s. this is the UPS, but its all in chinese, its call the libra something

http://www.delta.com.tw/ch/product/ps/ups/product/hardware/product_libra_series.asp

cheers

cheetsy