Unable to unzip a folder

Since I installed SP2 I've been unable to open any zipped files I get
through email. I get the following msg: "Windows has blocked access to this
file" and something about being in high security mode and the file being on
a list of untrusted files. It also tells me to go to properties of the file
to unblock it but there is no such option in properties. How can I fix
this? I followed all MS instructions to no avail.

"silesius" <look@this.com> wrote in message
> Since I installed SP2 I've been unable to open any zipped files I get
> through email. I get the following msg: "Windows has blocked access
> to this file" and something about being in high security mode and the
> file being on a list of untrusted files. It also tells me to go to
> properties of the file to unblock it but there is no such option in
> properties. How can I fix this? I followed all MS instructions to
> no avail.

Description of how the Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883260

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

G'Day Silesius,

The attachments are quarantined by your e-mail CLIENT,
not by Windows.

If you use Outlook Express, go to Tools>Options and adjust
the settings for Virus Protection on the Security Tab.

If you use Microsoft (Office) Outlook go to
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm and download
the free Outlook AddIn. The Web Page explains exactly how to
use it.

--
Regards,
Pat Garard