PC won't start SOMETIMES

_Wotan_

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
[sorry for my bad english]

I just bought a new PC and have the following problem:

When I press the power switch, the system (lights, fans, dvd) turns on for about 5 seconds and then turns off again. During this 5 seconds the monitor doesn't even power on, it remains in standby. After this happens, I'm not able to power on the PC again without re-plugging the PSU cable before. I unplug the cable, wait for the MB light to turn off, plug it back in, and (lol) without touching anything the power turns on by himself and turns off after 5 seconds. And now I try to turn it on by myself pressing the switch and.......

A) the system starts up without any problem and keeps working normally during the whole day :D

OR

B) it turns off after 5 seconds (same story again)

Sometimes A happens, sometimes B. What is going on here?

----------------------------------------
PC specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
MB: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: Kingston 2 GB DDR2 533MHz
GPU: Gigabyte 7600GT
PSU: Antec NeoHE 500W

busygamer01

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
It probably could be your RAM. There's also a good chance it's your psu. This is why I never purchase Antec psu's. I would recommend either the Enermax Noisetaker 2 600W, Liberty 620W, or the Thermaltake Toughpower series. Also download Memtest and if the test fails then you might have defective RAM. Provide us with some more details about your issue.

aequalsb

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Currently running 3 Antec power supplies, one of which is HE. No problems what so ever. I did have problems when my memory wasn't compatible w/ my mobo. I'd guess the OP is having problems w/ his memory compatibility w/ his mobo.

Andy