AceCobra1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Hi,

I had a look at Asus's website and it looks as though that this is only compatible with the crossfire and not the SLI... any ideas if there are any hacks I can download to make it compatible?

If it doesn't work in sli, I can still plug the card into 1 pci-e slot and it will still display right?

Any suggestions on a decent board which supports core 2 duo, sli and has good overclocking features like this asus board does?

Thx

AceCobra1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
You can't run SLI on a CF board. But you can run a single Nvidia card on that board. Only nforce 4 SLi chipsets will suport SLI.

Why do you want SLI?

The DX10 compatible cards will be out in a couple of months. There is no need to spend the money on an SLi setup right now. Besides SLI isn't realy worth the cost of 2 cards. Unless you are trying to game with full graphics at ungodly resolutions.

I actually have a nForce 4 board... but daft enough, I sold my CPU which is a pentium d and forgot to flash my bios to get it working with a Core 2 processor... put it in and it doesn't boot... I am such a dumba$$! :oops:

I don't quite understnad why you said no need to spend money on SLI when DX10 cards out in a couple of months? Doesn't that still make my machine quite powerful?

I am looking to buy a 23" TFT monitor soon so probably would benifit from a SLI setup?

PS. Any idea what this is... I heard it is a hacked driver for the cards to work on SLI when the motherboard don't normally support it so I am seriously considering getting the P5WDH... I was also recommended the P5B both asus boards... any recommendations?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
The Abit AW9D-MAX comes with an SLI bridge and the rumor has it that there are SLI hacked drivers for it. I dont know where to get them though.

Unless youre running at higher resolutions than 16x10 SLI will be a total waste. And even in this case itll have a awful $/performance point.

AceCobra1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
The Abit AW9D-MAX comes with an SLI bridge and the rumor has it that there are SLI hacked drivers for it. I dont know where to get them though.

Unless youre running at higher resolutions than 16x10 SLI will be a total waste. And even in this case itll have a awful $/performance point.

Hi,

My asus cards actually came with the SLI bridge... so I have I think 3 bridges inc. one from my MB... I manage to download the hacked SLI driver...

I am not sure what you mean by a high resolution 16 x 10 SLI ?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Missed a comma there "at higher resolutions than 16x10, SLI will be a total waste".

The fact that motherboard comes in with a SLI bridge indicates that the drives are gettable somehow. You just have to find where from. Google *hint*

AceCobra1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Missed a comma there "at higher resolutions than 16x10, SLI will be a total waste".

The fact that motherboard comes in with a SLI bridge indicates that the drives are gettable somehow. You just have to find where from. Google *hint*

LOL,

Cheers for the help... I got the drivers nudge nudge wink wink 8) 8) 8) 8)

AceCobra1

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Where from??

LOL, I thought u got it! I downloaded from:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106212&page=1

I just bought P5WDH deluxe... hopefully that would make my core 2 duo run! I have actually benchmarked my computer which had the following specifications:

Pentium D 805 @ 3.5GHz
1 GB XMS2 Corsair DDR2 RAM
7900GTX SLI
P5ND2 SLI Asus
OCZ 700W PSU
2x DVDRW drives

I got a score of 6500 points i think when I benchmarked... Rather disappointed...

My mate did a benchmark on his 7950GX2 with C2D E6600 @ Stock speed, 2GB of crosair ram, some gigabyte mb and he got 8000 points! I thought my 7900GTX is quicker than a single 7950GX2.... Do u think it might be the ram?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Its possible. All the benchmarking programs use different algorithms to calcute their score so Im not sure, its not like I know much about benchmarking either sry