Where does XP store emails?

I would like to back them up, but can't find them.
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about where store emails

    "John" <John@john.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to back them up, but can't find them.
    > Thanks.

    What mail program? WinXP does not store the email, the mail program does.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Find and Open the OE Mail Store.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > "John" <John@john.com> wrote in message
    >> I would like to back them up, but can't find them.
    >> Thanks.
    >
    > What mail program? WinXP does not store the email, the mail program does.

    Ooops. Outlook Express. I will look for a group for that. Thanks.

    Hi, John.

    If you're still here...

    In OE, click Tools | Options..., then the Maintenance tab. Click Store
    Folder... and it will tell you where your OE email files are.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    > "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> "John" <John@john.com> wrote in message
    >>> I would like to back them up, but can't find them.
    >>> Thanks.
    >>
    >> What mail program? WinXP does not store the email, the mail program
    >> does.
    >>
    > Ooops. Outlook Express. I will look for a group for that. Thanks.

Microsoft Windows XP