reading/writing rw cds with sony cd rw crx300e

Hi, everybody!
I have one serious problem. It seems I cannot read RW CDs after i re-write
them. I'm using NERO 6.6. When writing the RW CD a second time the software
and the drive seem to be working fine (no errors - 'writing at ...x was
succesfull') but when i insert the RW CD again the autorun windows is
displayed and i'm invited to write a new cd, etc - windows xp professional
sp2 reports the RW CD is empty. I tried to write the RW CDs using the XP
wizard - i get the same result: no errors when writing but when i try to read
the cd, it is empty. (I have used Verbatim CD-RW hi-speed CDs, Imation and HP
RW CD's - same results on a SONY cd rw crx300e drive). Please clue me what to
do!
Thank you!
2 answers Last reply
More about reading writing sony crx300e

    Check here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320174
    or
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "cosmiret@zappmobile.ro" <cosmiretzappmobilero@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:4424EA24-55D9-4FEB-96C4-E52BBC337517@microsoft.com...
    > Hi, everybody!
    > I have one serious problem. It seems I cannot read RW CDs after i
    > re-write
    > them. I'm using NERO 6.6. When writing the RW CD a second time the
    > software
    > and the drive seem to be working fine (no errors - 'writing at ...x was
    > succesfull') but when i insert the RW CD again the autorun windows is
    > displayed and i'm invited to write a new cd, etc - windows xp professional
    > sp2 reports the RW CD is empty. I tried to write the RW CDs using the XP
    > wizard - i get the same result: no errors when writing but when i try to
    > read
    > the cd, it is empty. (I have used Verbatim CD-RW hi-speed CDs, Imation and
    > HP
    > RW CD's - same results on a SONY cd rw crx300e drive). Please clue me what
    > do!
    > Thank you!

    Hi, did you turn the AUTO-RUN feature off and use windows explorer to open
    files to see if they are there? Is it possible that the auto-run is not
    allowing you to see the files that are there?

    --
    Glenda P

CD-Rom Windows XP