Sign in with
Your question

AB9 - which key to press during boot for defaults?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 7, 2006 10:50:08 PM

Ok ok so it's my own fault:
In my working system (AB9, Core 2, Corsair 800MHz DDR2) I fiddled with the RAM timings (basically put everything that was on 5 to 4), and upon reset I would just get a blank screen and beeeeeeeeeeep. That's it. Is there a key to press that loads default values, or do I really have to clear the CMOS?

Thanks,
Winrich
October 8, 2006 8:24:32 AM

Afaik short of clearing CMOS you need to get into the BIOS to reset defaults.

I would think that an AB9 gives you the option to set up BIOS profiles so that you can quickly reload your tweaked settings from default in future.
October 8, 2006 12:53:01 PM

As I said: Blank screen & beeeeeep is the only thing I get. NO BIOS!
Bit disappointed that it goes like that. I was only playing a little! It should provide SOME sort of function for me to reset what I've done without having to fiddle with the CMOS jumper!

Quote:
Afaik short of clearing CMOS you need to get into the BIOS to reset defaults.

I would think that an AB9 gives you the option to set up BIOS profiles so that you can quickly reload your tweaked settings from default in future.
Related resources
October 8, 2006 10:51:32 PM

Quote:
It should provide SOME sort of function for me to reset what I've done without having to fiddle with the CMOS jumper!

Why, most boards don't ...?
November 13, 2006 9:02:19 PM

actaully... I don't know any... :) 

Naujoks... just clear cmos and start over.
This is why the BIOS allows you to save bios settings.... so when you blow it up (like messing with your ram timings), you can revert to a known good setting without having to key everything in again. :p 
November 23, 2006 5:35:30 AM

Even though it only takes a second to clear the CMOS...

You should be able to hold down the "insert" or "delete" key while powering on. I just cannot remember which.

The BIOS will still load the fail safe defaults.
Related resources
!