NFSU2, game without end?

Raced all the races, cleaned out all the uncomplete races in World Map,
found/unlocked everything, game status 100%, game over?

Nope, seems all the outrunners that I may have ignored along the way
re-appeared on my map after I completed the final race, all eager to
challenge the new king of the streets. :)

Completion of NFSU2 has been temporarily postponed, again.

> Nope, seems all the outrunners that I may have ignored along the way
> re-appeared on my map after I completed the final race, all eager to
> challenge the new king of the streets. :)

> Completion of NFSU2 has been temporarily postponed, again.

No, it's these are not the same outrunners. Once done with career mode,
the outrunners remain as a means to earn money to upgrade other cars
in career mode.

Arthur

Would someone tell me the obsession to get to the end of this game? Is that
something you enjoy doing or are you compelled to do this as a form of
winning? Frankly, I'm just content to play the game to the best of my
ability ignoring cheats and shortcuts, and try to get my money's worth out
of it in entertainment. Different strokes, I guess.

Arthur

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Nope, seems all the outrunners that I may have ignored along the way
>> re-appeared on my map after I completed the final race, all eager to
>> challenge the new king of the streets. :)
>
>> Completion of NFSU2 has been temporarily postponed, again.
>
> No, it's these are not the same outrunners. Once done with career mode,
> the outrunners remain as a means to earn money to upgrade other cars
> in career mode.

Vellu

Arthur kirjoitti:
> Would someone tell me the obsession to get to the end of this game? Is that
> something you enjoy doing or are you compelled to do this as a form of
> winning? Frankly, I'm just content to play the game to the best of my
> ability ignoring cheats and shortcuts, and try to get my money's worth out
> of it in entertainment. Different strokes, I guess.
>
> Arthur

Well, the most obvious one being: once you've completed career all parts
are unlocked in quick race/customize modes (that includes ALL uniques
and widekits, not just the ones you selected in career).

"vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Arthur kirjoitti:
> > Would someone tell me the obsession to get to the end of this game? Is
that
> > something you enjoy doing or are you compelled to do this as a form of
> > winning? Frankly, I'm just content to play the game to the best of my
> > ability ignoring cheats and shortcuts, and try to get my money's worth
out
> > of it in entertainment. Different strokes, I guess.
> >
> > Arthur
> >

> Well, the most obvious one being: once you've completed career all parts
> are unlocked in quick race/customize modes (that includes ALL uniques
> and widekits, not just the ones you selected in career).

Good one Vellu. Also, NFSU2 is a very long game if you don't have a lot of
time to play games (like me), other games start queuing up on my HDD e.g.
Silent Hunter 3 (WOW!) & GTR (COOL!), compelling me to move on. So with
NFSU2 now in its finished state as described by Vellu above, I can return
anytime the spirit moves me and play with all options open, relaxed in the
knowledge that I don't HAVE to chase any goals.

Arthur

Where does it say in the intructions that you HAVE to chase any goals?? The
game won't wear out if you take a year to get through it, or even two years.
You play it when you have the time and inclination. Rushing through a game
like this only encourages people to cheat.

<Doug_Dread@eskom.co.za> wrote in message

(SNIP)
I can return
> anytime the spirit moves me and play with all options open, relaxed in the
> knowledge that I don't HAVE to chase any goals.

> Where does it say in the intructions that you HAVE to chase any goals?? The game won't wear out if you take a year to
> get through it, or even two years. You play it when you have the time and inclination. Rushing through a game like
> this only encourages people to cheat.

Depends on the game. In the case of NFSU2, using a money cheat will save
a bit of time as you can buy peformance parts a bit sooner in stages 1 and
the first part of stage 2. Once you're at stage 3, money isn't an issue.
Otherwise, a cheat isn't going to do much for this game. Unlike NFSU1,
there aren't any events that are next to impossible to win, assuming
you choose a good car for career mode, the Corolla being the best
choice, as it's in a class by itself for street-x and url events, and
the best for circuit and sprint. It's good enough for drag and drift
to win career mode with, so you can put all of the uniques onto just
one car. You can also get the Navigator for the SUV races that are
in stages 2 through 5.

In the case of Far Cry or some other first person shooters, if there are
tough sequences that you can get through only by repeated attempts over and
over, (like shooting the helicopter from the sinking boat sequence in Far Cry),
I'll use an invicibility cheat, as I'm not that interested in this aspect
of these games.