My core 2 duo system, 3dmark score

Yupyup

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Well I downloaded 3dmark 06, ran the test. So it turns out my scores are...
untitledtq2.png

Is this normal for my pc? It seems on the low side.

My specs are
E6300
Gigabyte 965G DS3
Patriot 2gb 667
7600GT

Unless you are going for bragging rights, synthetic benches aren't a real determination of performance (I say this and yet I competed here. It was just for competition though) and should only be seen as a guideline, not something akin to the 15 Commandments. Try running your favorite game, or doing a CPU intensive task to see the real performance of your rig. Also try setting your BIOS to its default settings.
Ja ne,
Ninja

Yupyup

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Well I'm just wondering, to me I don't see a huge difference from when using my old Athlon XP 2400+, 512RAM, 6200Geforce...

Did you have any processes running while you were doing this test? Norton, Mcaffe, P2P of some kind? This could have an adverse affect on your test. Looking at your hardware, I don't see anything that could be a potential bottleneck.

I'll say this, you don't know how much of a process hog Norton is. It totally kills benchmark scores. Turn it off and see how your score does. Remember to go to Task manager and see if the application, CCPROXY, CCEVENTMGR, CCSETMGR and CCAPP all end. They take up about 40,00k each.

I'll say this, you don't know how much of a process hog Norton is. It totally kills benchmark scores. Turn it off and see how your score does. Remember to go to Task manager and see if the application, CCPROXY, CCEVENTMGR, CCSETMGR and CCAPP all end. They take up about 40,00k each.
And I forgot about NSCRVCE.exe and SynTPENh also. See how many different programs Norton runs?

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Well I downloaded 3dmark 06, ran the test. So it turns out my scores are...
untitledtq2.png

Is this normal for my pc? It seems on the low side.

My specs are
E6300
Gigabyte 965G DS3
Patriot 2gb 667
7600GT

Yes your score is low. my score is even higher than yours. here is the link. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=295228 as you can see my processor and gpu are slower than yours.

You definately need to adjust your system.

Bye.

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Thanks for posting that. If he beats me using a 6800GS, and a pentium D, theres gotta be something wrong....

eventhough you see two systems, these two are the same but just different settings. As you can see different settings can give you different results. I suggest you do all the driver updates. Have all the updates and run the test alone, i.e do not run other application during the test.

bye.