in quest for challenge

is it possible that players have auto responce to decline a challenge?

i notice ppl talk alot and race very little, 5/6 players never accept my
challenge i wonder why.. cowards? to busy pointless chatting? not good
enough for them?personnaly i dont care what car the player has nor the speed
or how good he might be, a race is a race

do they only race players with the hottest cars and ignore the poor players
with a cheap car. whats the point?
if you must have a very hot car how do you upgrade your car?

id like some clearance on this topic. thanks in advance

> is it possible that players have auto responce to decline a challenge?

It's the way the game is setup when a player is looking at a list of races.
Most players looking for a race have pressed the right arrow button which
change the menu to a list of races created by players where 2,3, or 4 players
can race at at time. When at this menu screen, any challenges are
automatically declined.

Since EA did such a poor job of documenting how to negotiate the menus,
many new players don't know that the racing games menu even exists.

If you want to race, press the right arrow, to get to the racing games
list, and either join or create a race. If you're new, and only have
100 points, it's better to join another race. A lot of racers won't
join when the host has few points, because a lot of the low rep
hosts just disconnect (this happens with higher rep players, but
it's rare). Another tip is to wait until 1 or 2 other players join
before joining, in case you get into a pit where the host is looking
to earn points. The maximum opposition points that help you're score
if you win is 100,000. Once this is reached, there's no benefit
from having any other high rep players in a race. In the past, it
was quite common for two high rep players wait for a 3rd low rep
player to join so they could trade points back and forth (points
harvesting), so you shouldn't have troube finding and joining
races.

Most of the high rep players find the challenges annoying, the way
the scoring works, there's nothing to be gained (points wise). These
players are normally looking for 4 player races from the list of
racing games menu.

I played NFSU1 since the first day of the demo, but rarely play it
anymore. The average "lifespan" of a NFSU1 player seems to be 3 to
6 months based on my experience. None of the original players
are there anymore. There's maybe one 100,000,000+ point (shows
as 99,999,999) player still listed on the stats (Cirkan?), even
though there are actually a lot of these. If a player hasn't played
in a while, that player is considered inactive, and his/her stats don't
appear anymore, unless they race (just takes one race to get the
stats to reappear again). This is true in NFSU2 also, but they check
more often, and you have to race one of each of the 6 modes to get all
stats back. I was the 2nd or 3rd to go elite in all 6 modes in NFSU2
on the US server, but I haven't played it in quite a while.

Hi,

If you play on the european server, , come to the romm of "dendrifter" in
URL, everyone is welcome there. Almost every night from 9.00 p.m. till ??

C U there

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > is it possible that players have auto responce to decline a challenge?
>
> It's the way the game is setup when a player is looking at a list of
races.
> Most players looking for a race have pressed the right arrow button which
> change the menu to a list of races created by players where 2,3, or 4
players
> can race at at time. When at this menu screen, any challenges are
> automatically declined.
>
> Since EA did such a poor job of documenting how to negotiate the menus,
> many new players don't know that the racing games menu even exists.
>
> If you want to race, press the right arrow, to get to the racing games
> list, and either join or create a race. If you're new, and only have
> 100 points, it's better to join another race. A lot of racers won't
> join when the host has few points, because a lot of the low rep
> hosts just disconnect (this happens with higher rep players, but
> it's rare). Another tip is to wait until 1 or 2 other players join
> before joining, in case you get into a pit where the host is looking
> to earn points. The maximum opposition points that help you're score
> if you win is 100,000. Once this is reached, there's no benefit
> from having any other high rep players in a race. In the past, it
> was quite common for two high rep players wait for a 3rd low rep
> player to join so they could trade points back and forth (points
> harvesting), so you shouldn't have troube finding and joining
> races.
>
> Most of the high rep players find the challenges annoying, the way
> the scoring works, there's nothing to be gained (points wise). These
> players are normally looking for 4 player races from the list of
> racing games menu.
>
> I played NFSU1 since the first day of the demo, but rarely play it
> anymore. The average "lifespan" of a NFSU1 player seems to be 3 to
> 6 months based on my experience. None of the original players
> are there anymore. There's maybe one 100,000,000+ point (shows
> as 99,999,999) player still listed on the stats (Cirkan?), even
> though there are actually a lot of these. If a player hasn't played
> in a while, that player is considered inactive, and his/her stats don't
> appear anymore, unless they race (just takes one race to get the
> stats to reappear again). This is true in NFSU2 also, but they check
> more often, and you have to race one of each of the 6 modes to get all
> stats back. I was the 2nd or 3rd to go elite in all 6 modes in NFSU2
> on the US server, but I haven't played it in quite a while.

i dunno how to go in european server, im quiet a newbie in online races (
not the game), but im quiet a good oponnent in a race, but ill try to look
up for yout room. thanks still for your help
"Luc Smets" <lpa.smets@skynet.be> a écrit dans le message de news:
42a4d67d$0$339$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> Hi,
>
> If you play on the european server, , come to the romm of "dendrifter" in
> URL, everyone is welcome there. Almost every night from 9.00 p.m. till ??
>
> C U there
>
> "Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> > is it possible that players have auto responce to decline a challenge?
>>
>> It's the way the game is setup when a player is looking at a list of
> races.
>> Most players looking for a race have pressed the right arrow button which
>> change the menu to a list of races created by players where 2,3, or 4
> players
>> can race at at time. When at this menu screen, any challenges are
>> automatically declined.
>>
>> Since EA did such a poor job of documenting how to negotiate the menus,
>> many new players don't know that the racing games menu even exists.
>>
>> If you want to race, press the right arrow, to get to the racing games
>> list, and either join or create a race. If you're new, and only have
>> 100 points, it's better to join another race. A lot of racers won't
>> join when the host has few points, because a lot of the low rep
>> hosts just disconnect (this happens with higher rep players, but
>> it's rare). Another tip is to wait until 1 or 2 other players join
>> before joining, in case you get into a pit where the host is looking
>> to earn points. The maximum opposition points that help you're score
>> if you win is 100,000. Once this is reached, there's no benefit
>> from having any other high rep players in a race. In the past, it
>> was quite common for two high rep players wait for a 3rd low rep
>> player to join so they could trade points back and forth (points
>> harvesting), so you shouldn't have troube finding and joining
>> races.
>>
>> Most of the high rep players find the challenges annoying, the way
>> the scoring works, there's nothing to be gained (points wise). These
>> players are normally looking for 4 player races from the list of
>> racing games menu.
>>
>> I played NFSU1 since the first day of the demo, but rarely play it
>> anymore. The average "lifespan" of a NFSU1 player seems to be 3 to
>> 6 months based on my experience. None of the original players
>> are there anymore. There's maybe one 100,000,000+ point (shows
>> as 99,999,999) player still listed on the stats (Cirkan?), even
>> though there are actually a lot of these. If a player hasn't played
>> in a while, that player is considered inactive, and his/her stats don't
>> appear anymore, unless they race (just takes one race to get the
>> stats to reappear again). This is true in NFSU2 also, but they check
>> more often, and you have to race one of each of the 6 modes to get all
>> stats back. I was the 2nd or 3rd to go elite in all 6 modes in NFSU2
>> on the US server, but I haven't played it in quite a while.

Hi again,

You can download the 1.2 UK patch or the 1.2 GE patch from the EA site.
Double click on the patch.exe file, open nfsu2, go on-line and u play in
europe.
If not, I can always send u the patch by mail.

Go to the NFSU2 forum at www.eaoutlaws.com