Change Context menu entry

I have an entry in my Right Click Context Menu of Windows Explorer that
appears to be a link to an incorrect address of an old version of a program
that I have updated.
How or where can I change the address that it seems to be pointing to?
TIA
Brian Tozer

Hi Brian,

Search through these keys of the registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\OpenWithList
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers

Delete the unwanted string from the appropriate key.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
>I have an entry in my Right Click Context Menu of Windows Explorer that
>appears to be a link to an incorrect address of an old version of a
>program that I have updated.
> How or where can I change the address that it seems to be pointing to?
> TIA
> Brian Tozer

Thanks very much Rick.