those vista drivers from Nvidia

duthoy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
it seems that the beta drivers from nvidia for vista 64 doesn't support my graphics?
i've got a Geforce 4 TI 4600.
according to Toms VGA guides is this card faster than an FX5200 which is supported by the driver? so this can't be a performance problem.
hopefully this will be fixed when the final drivers of vista is out,
currently only 1200 x 1600 @ 75 Hz. on my 22" screen.
really need 85 Hz.

I know, these are the things that happen when you use beta or RC software.
but i've expected better from those company's
really sad :cry:

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Have you sent an e-mail to nVidia to let them know? That would be a good idea...

They *are* beta drivers - I suspect that things will be better when the real ones come out.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
I just installed rc2 and the drivers work with my card, 7800gs, however I installed bf1942 nothing worked right. I think the dx10 interface and the dx9 are conflicting almost sure of it. The program works good but what I dont like is no patches work at all, I tried my nocd patches for games I own and not one worked. That is just the start of it. I again tried some of my decoders and encoders, not one worked just like rc1, whats the point of having a computer if we cannot do any work with the os. I tried to record a song from the radio and a promp came up saying broadcast recording has been disabled please contact the vendor for a license. This is totally bs, I sent a trouble shooting log of the recording and the tools I used, hopefully this is a minor detail that will be allowed. Going back to work on vista for a bit see ya soon

danny9894

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
I just installed rc2 and the drivers work with my card, 7800gs, however I installed bf1942 nothing worked right. I think the dx10 interface and the dx9 are conflicting almost sure of it. The program works good but what I dont like is no patches work at all, I tried my nocd patches for games I own and not one worked. That is just the start of it. I again tried some of my decoders and encoders, not one worked just like rc1, whats the point of having a computer if we cannot do any work with the os. I tried to record a song from the radio and a promp came up saying broadcast recording has been disabled please contact the vendor for a license. This is totally bs, I sent a trouble shooting log of the recording and the tools I used, hopefully this is a minor detail that will be allowed. Going back to work on vista for a bit see ya soon
That is why it is still a release candidate ;)

duthoy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
ok, a 7800 GS is a much recenter card than mine, but i'm not willing to swap!
the card is great and modded with a hefty cooling solution by zalman.
don't want to throw away my investment ;-)

t2couger

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006

vista does not have DX 10 yet it will be a later upgrade download after vista comes out.
witch means when windows vista comes out it will be dx9c or another upgraded version of dx9. vista does not work with a lot of games yet cust like it took a little while for the win 98 games to work with xp just need some updates for the games to work with vista when it comes out.

Avalanche

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2004

vista does not have DX 10 yet it will be a later upgrade download after vista comes out.
witch means when windows vista comes out it will be dx9c. vista does not work with a lot of games yet cust like it took a little while for the win 98 games to work with xp just need some updates for the games to work with vista when it comes out.

Just a question; How come when I do a "dxdiag" it shows DX as DX10 and not DX9? Running Vista RC1.

I just installed rc2
When you install RC2 did you have to reinstall anything like MS Office?

Actually DX10 does show up in DXDIAG.

witch means when windows vista comes out it will be dx9c.

DX9.0L

vista does not work with a lot of games yet cust like it took a little while for the win 98 games to work with xp just need some updates for the games to work with vista when it comes out.

Actually many 2K/XP games are working on VIsta, but they do require proper drivers. So with some tweaking they will work, and for compatability 32bit version works better, especially since there are more 32bit drivers out there.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Ya the games did work but I could not set the options in some of the clickable areas in the options. I know this will be fixed but like you said 32 bit most likely will work better . I am trying the 64 bit and have sent a few emails to vendors like logitech and saitek for support for drivers with the software and the problems with them mostly with saitek x52 but I had the same problem with xp and saitek.

dmk82

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I hate the beta vista driver nvidia has.. My screen is all cut off and my monitor runs out of adjustment leaving me with a good 2" missing from the right and about an inch off the top.. I hope they add screen adjustment in the next driver so I can actually use vista. :cry:

dmk82

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
in the nvidia control panel? I just remember seeing no adjustment except for quality and setup for multiple monitors. I'll have to switch to vista real quick to check.

dmk82

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I checked everything possiable..I also notice everytime I switch back to XP my display is off as well and I have to adjust it back through the driver. Im starting to think its either with the driver or my monitor because the same issue happened on my old setup running a leadtek FX5950 ultra and now on my PNY verto 7900GS. The monitor is a kogi 19" lcd.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003

witch means when windows vista comes out it will be dx9c. vista does not work with a lot of games yet cust like it took a little while for the win 98 games to work with xp just need some updates for the games to work with vista when it comes out.

>> vista does not have DX 10 yet it will be a later upgrade download after vista comes out.

Bullcrap detector alert. Thankyou for posting anwers you just made up. My vista RC1 has DX10.

t2couger

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006

Actually DX10 does show up in DXDIAG.

witch means when windows vista comes out it will be dx9c.

DX9.0L

vista does not work with a lot of games yet cust like it took a little while for the win 98 games to work with xp just need some updates for the games to work with vista when it comes out.

Actually many 2K/XP games are working on VIsta, but they do require proper drivers. So with some tweaking they will work, and for compatability 32bit version works better, especially since there are more 32bit drivers out there.

i was thinking it would be another version of DX9 no idea why i didnt type it:)

t2couger

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Niz said:

>> vista does not have DX 10 yet it will be a later upgrade download after vista comes out.

Bullcrap detector alert. Thankyou for posting anwers you just made up. My vista RC1 has DX10.[/q

look at the other posts and think before you talk next time.

stan116

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
if your having problems downloading drivers for vista,you can run XP drivers.All you have t6o do is download them to a seperate folder,then install from the folder. I was having problems trying to download my Quad drivers.Vistajust wouldn't accept them.I did it thisway and have not had any problems.Microsoft just sent me RC2 and I did the same thing.Try it.Hope that this helps you out. Just makes a new folder and call it downloads.install to that folder.~~~~~~~~~~Stan

duthoy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
I've send in this question to Nvidia
their reply is fast but stupid?
do they really read the question?
not much help from that guys. :cry:

going to give the XP drivers a try someday this week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer (duthoy) 10/10/2006 01:50 PM

ok,
i own a geforce 4 TI 4600
but there seems to be a problem with the vista drivers,
i know it's still RC2 (release candidate) and beta driver, but there's no support any more for my card (geforce 4 TI 4600),
i need the drivers to get a decent refresh rate and dual screen with my TV
so, would there be any support in the final drivers for vista? or should i stick with XP?
i thought you used uniform drivers for all the geforce cards.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Duthoy,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand from your email, that you are using NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti 4600 graphics card and having issues with the driver for Vista RC2 Operating System.

NVIDIA provides mobile GeForce and Quadro GPUs to laptop and notebook manufacturers only. We do not sell add in cards for laptops Please contact your laptop manufacturer for upgrade options available for your model laptop. Watch for new notebooks designed with the MXM connector that will support mobile graphics upgrades in the future.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/mxm.html

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

NVIDIA Customer Care.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
corect me if im wrong but hasnt nvidia cut all driver support for cards under the 5100FX?

heres a quote from the nvidia site(from the vista download page), your gonna have to upgrade your GFX for vista to work properly.

vista driver download page

Product Support List:

GeForce FX 5100, GeForce FX 5200, GeForce FX 5200LE, GeForce FX 5200 Ultra, GeForce FX 5500, GeForce FX 5600, GeForce FX 5600 Ultra, GeForce FX 5600SE, GeForce FX 5600XT, GeForce FX 5700, GeForce FX 5700VE, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra, GeForce FX 5700LE, GeForce FX 5800, GeForce FX 5800 Ultra, GeForce FX 5900, GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, GeForce FX 5900XT, GeForce FX 5900ZT, GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, GeForce PCX 5300, GeForce PCX 5750, GeForce PCX 5900, GeForce 6100 nForce 400, GeForce 6100 nForce 405, GeForce 6100 nForce 420, GeForce 6100, GeForce 6150 LE, GeForce 6150, GeForce 6200, GeForce 6200 LE, GeForce 6200 with TurboCache, GeForce 6200SE with TurboCache, GeForce 6500, GeForce 6600, GeForce 6600 LE, GeForce 6600 VE, GeForce 6600 GT, GeForce 6610 XL, GeForce 6700 XL, GeForce 6800, GeForce 6800 LE, GeForce 6800 XE, GeForce 6800 XT, GeForce 6800 GS, GeForce 6800 GT, GeForce 6800 Ultra, GeForce 6800 Ultra, GeForce 7100 GS, GeForce 7300 LE, GeForce 7300 SE, GeForce 7300 GS, GeForce 7300 GT, GeForce 7500 LE, GeForce 7600 GS, GeForce 7600 GT, GeForce 7800 GS, GeForce 7800 GT, GeForce 7800 GTX, GeForce 7800 GTX 512, GeForce 7900 GS, GeForce 7900 GTO, GeForce 7900 GT, GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7950 GX2, Quadro FX 330, Quadro FX 350, Quadro FX 500, Quadro FX 540, Quadro FX 550, Quadro FX 560, Quadro FX 600, Quadro FX 700, Quadro FX 1000, Quadro FX 1100, Quadro FX 1300, Quadro FX 1400, Quadro FX 1500, Quadro FX 2000, Quadro FX 3000, Quadro FX 3000G, Quadro FX 3400, Quadro FX 3450, Quadro FX 3500, Quadro FX 4000 SDI, Quadro FX 4400, Quadro FX 4400G, Quadro FX 4500, Quadro FX 4500 SDI, Quadro FX 4500 X2, Quadro FX 5500, Quadro FX 5500 SDI, Quadro NVS, Quadro NVS with AGP8X, Quadro NVS 200, Quadro NVS 210s, Quadro NVS 280, Quadro NVS 280 SD, Quadro NVS 400, Quadro NVS 440, Quadro NVS 280 PCI, Quadro NVS 285

duthoy

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
oowkay,
i've seen the list, but why have they stopped? it ain't that hard, it is unified driver architecture nvidia uses, 1 driver for all? all seems not so all.
would the final driver for vista have support?
vista has support for floppy drives, which are much older than a geforce 4 TI 4600. :evil:
i think upgrading your graphics just to run a stupid OS is a little over the edge?
lets put all our power in a nice set of buttons and skins, and kill our gaming graphics because all of the power is already lost,
what's next, slower is better,
look everybody i've got a C2D, and sorted out my processes

core 1 + 256 MB RAM = start menu
core 2 + 128 MB RAM = WGA check
core 3 + 384 MB RAM = Aero Skin
core 4 + 125 MB RAM = security center

i've changed my idle loop to directX, now i get 2 fps when playing UT 2004
but at least i can play games thanks to my SLI with 1024 MB graphics RAM.
vista is great! directX is god! redmont is heaven.
sorry for being sarcastic.

just give us a win2000 style skin (i know RC1 and 2 have the classic skin)
which uses almost no recources, and give support for all the graphics cards, why the f**k do i have 2 x DVI and 1 svideo, yes-yes, you won the price! dual screen, to watch divx/mpg/avi on my TV-set.
if you don't allow the aero skin on an old graphics card, no problemo for me, but just give me the basic stuff the card is designed for!

sorry i seem a little angry, but microsoft probably forces you to change to vista, and so you can guess the rest of the story.....

my card still can manage all the things i throw at it, why should that change when the OS changes? btw: my card is much faster than an FX 5200 which is supported? wierd?

TRENDING THREADS