overclocking, game speed problem

When I overclock my PC NFSU runs like it's on fast forward! Does the
game somehow calibrate itself to your clock speed when you install it?
(Should I reinstall? I don't want to lose my profile data.) Is there a
fix for my problem? Is it at least a known problem with this game?
1 answer Last reply
More about overclocking game speed problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > When I overclock my PC NFSU runs like it's on fast forward! Does the
    > game somehow calibrate itself to your clock speed when you install it?
    > (Should I reinstall? I don't want to lose my profile data.) Is there a
    > fix for my problem? Is it at least a known problem with this game?

    Yes, NFSU1 was poorly implented on the PC. If you get the 1.3 or later
    update, it's not as bad, but it's still system sensitive. The fix is
    to go on to another game. NFSU2 doesn't seem to have this problem.

    The problem is that NFSU1 was a bad "port" of a console based game,
    where all consoles run at the same speed.

    Still it's pretty bad. The last game I remember that was senstitive
    to the speed of the system was the original version of Wing Commander,
    which is about 10 years old. This problem doesn't exist in the older
    NFS games, from NFS2 to NFS6 (HP2) (I don't know about NFS1).

Overclocking Games Video Games