Google Desktop Search

Good morning...

I downloaded Google Desktop Search a couple of days ago, and think it is
absolutely fantastic. Given my tiny brain, and the fact I like fiddling
with pix, it makes life 100x easier.

Out of interest I looked up here what had been said about it, and the
posting I found was pretty negative. I have noticed that when I am photo
editing, everything seems a bit more sluggish. I have XP Professional, with
about 320 ROM and 20 GB memory on my hard drive (12.5 GB.currently free in
total.) My processor speed is 400 MHz. (Hope I haven't left out any
relevant info....)

The posting says that Google D. S. uses up about 1 GB of space, which given
its efficiency seems not too bad, and surely this wouldn't slow me up with
the facilities available to me?

Another contributor to this posting was concerned about security, and the
info Google must carry in order for this search facility to function.

It would be great to hear other people views and experiences re. this
product. In terms of what it can do, it seems absolutely wonderul.

ABW
Canna

map

"Canna W" wrote:

> Good morning...
>
> I downloaded Google Desktop Search a couple of days ago, and think it is
> absolutely fantastic. Given my tiny brain, and the fact I like fiddling
> with pix, it makes life 100x easier.
>
> Out of interest I looked up here what had been said about it, and the
> posting I found was pretty negative. I have noticed that when I am photo
> editing, everything seems a bit more sluggish. I have XP Professional, with
> about 320 ROM and 20 GB memory on my hard drive (12.5 GB.currently free in
> total.) My processor speed is 400 MHz. (Hope I haven't left out any
> relevant info....)
>
> The posting says that Google D. S. uses up about 1 GB of space, which given
> its efficiency seems not too bad, and surely this wouldn't slow me up with
> the facilities available to me?
>
> Another contributor to this posting was concerned about security, and the
> info Google must carry in order for this search facility to function.
>
> It would be great to hear other people views and experiences re. this
> product. In terms of what it can do, it seems absolutely wonderul.
>
> ABW
> Canna

Here is a link written by Mike Heelan the webmaster at
www.spywareinfo.com about the google desktop dearch.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/newsletter/archives/1004/22.php

Hi folks,

Just to say that a note of people's experiences with Google Desktop Search
still very welcome!

ABW
Canna