Sign in with
Your question
Closed

STOP Internet Censorship!!!

Last response: in News & Leisure
November 19, 2010 7:41:39 PM

Fantastic, damn wireless keyboard, spelled internet wrong IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!! please if a mod could edit that for me...
November 21, 2010 8:18:55 PM

The title of this topic has been edited by Buwish
Related resources
November 21, 2010 8:19:46 PM

If such a blacklist ever makes headway in Congress, I suspect that there will be riots.
November 21, 2010 8:31:00 PM

The oppurtunities for abuse would be huge. I am sure if you were scathing of the government you could find yourself, blacklisted.

November 21, 2010 9:03:50 PM

Yeah, I mean, if this goes through, all we'd have is the New York Times and the Huffington Post ;) 
November 22, 2010 12:13:13 AM

Notice that it is not the Evil Republicans or Tea Partiers advocating this. It is the freedom loving liberal Democrats.
November 22, 2010 1:10:00 AM

Yeah, we'd just be calling for the defunding of NPR. Or at least comparable funding going to Rush Limbaugh ;) 
November 23, 2010 2:21:45 AM

jsc said:
Notice that it is not the Evil Republicans or Tea Partiers advocating this. It is the freedom loving liberal Democrats.

Which are paid off by the bankers who ran both parties.
November 23, 2010 2:26:31 AM

strangestranger said:
The oppurtunities for abuse would be huge. I am sure if you were scathing of the government you could find yourself, blacklisted.

There are trying to shut down the independent media.
November 23, 2010 3:37:37 AM

ITsonic said:
There are trying to shut down the independent media.

Exactly you should have seen them trying to arrest people here in toronto during the G20
November 23, 2010 11:44:15 AM

See, this is why America is a giant cluster-$%&# right now, something like this happens and instead of the general public pulling together to petition this thing, they're trying to point fingers. I did not post this so people could project blame on diplomatic parties, i posted it in a community i believe does not want this to happen. So no pointing fingers and just GET IT DONE! Your opinion means absolutely nothing to anyone if they censor the internet...

Thank You

Ps. Pass the word
November 23, 2010 10:02:03 PM

You're right, its a giant cluster#@$%, but you got the wrong reason.

Is this simply net-neutrality? I mean, forcing Comcast to allow Netflix and Hulu to broadcast competitive content over Comcast's own pipes?

Or does it also include Executive Branch control with an ability to implement a fairness doctrine across the internet? You know, with every dose of Rush Limbaugh comes a op-ed from the communist party. Fair and Balanced ;) 

Sorry, but there is next to nothing in the Progressive agenda that I support, and nothing from either political party I want that puts more control in government hands, particularly in the Executive Branch.

I'd rather lose Netflix, Hulu, Torrent via an ISP . . . and let the MARKETPLACE react and drag the vendors back to doing the right thing.

Period.
November 24, 2010 2:51:49 AM

jonpaul37 said:
See, this is why America is a giant cluster-$%&# right now, something like this happens and instead of the general public pulling together to petition this thing, they're trying to point fingers. I did not post this so people could project blame on diplomatic parties, i posted it in a community i believe does not want this to happen. So no pointing fingers and just GET IT DONE! Your opinion means absolutely nothing to anyone if they censor the internet...

Thank You

Ps. Pass the word

I heard this form Alex Jones they pull the plug on the net good-bye infowars.com
November 24, 2010 2:57:06 AM

spentshells said:
Exactly you should have seen them trying to arrest people here in toronto during the G20

Let not for get the G20 in pittsburgh.

Were winning the infowar and there cheating of course they cheat.
November 24, 2010 1:22:46 PM

Twoboxer said:
You're right, its a giant cluster#@$%, but you got the wrong reason.

Is this simply net-neutrality? I mean, forcing Comcast to allow Netflix and Hulu to broadcast competitive content over Comcast's own pipes?

Or does it also include Executive Branch control with an ability to implement a fairness doctrine across the internet? You know, with every dose of Rush Limbaugh comes a op-ed from the communist party. Fair and Balanced ;) 

Sorry, but there is next to nothing in the Progressive agenda that I support, and nothing from either political party I want that puts more control in government hands, particularly in the Executive Branch.

I'd rather lose Netflix, Hulu, Torrent via an ISP . . . and let the MARKETPLACE react and drag the vendors back to doing the right thing.

Period.

This may shed some light

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-segal/stop-the-inte...
November 26, 2010 10:55:48 AM

This topic has been reopen by Reynod

censors hyjacked the thread ...
November 26, 2010 3:55:20 PM

Hijacked How can that be?
January 9, 2011 1:11:03 PM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!