Epson Perfection 1200U w/ XP?

I just upgraded from Win98 to XP and want to connect my 1200U scanner.
Naturally the drivers on the OEM CD do not work, and the ones I've
found on the Epson site and on driverguide do not seem to work either.
Not that I'm sure I'm doing it right, but I've always been able to
make stuff like this work. Anyone know if this is possible, or do I
need to get a new scanner?
4 answers Last reply
More about epson perfection 1200u

    You need to:

    a) install software before hardware
    and
    b) ensure your USB ports are working correctly

    Cari

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 03:13:25 GMT, "Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com>
    wrote:

    >You need to:
    >
    >a) install software before hardware
    >and
    >b) ensure your USB ports are working correctly
    >
    >Cari
    >
    >"David Meiland" <remove.david@meiland.com> wrote in message
    >> I just upgraded from Win98 to XP and want to connect my 1200U scanner.
    >> Naturally the drivers on the OEM CD do not work, and the ones I've
    >> found on the Epson site and on driverguide do not seem to work either.
    >> Not that I'm sure I'm doing it right, but I've always been able to
    >> make stuff like this work. Anyone know if this is possible, or do I
    >> need to get a new scanner?

    As far as I know, I did. I downloaded and installed the driver
    software from Epson, and then connected and turned on the scanner. The
    same USB port works fine with the printer. Do you know anything about
    this scanner/OS combination?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    Possibly not much help, but I bet it should work. I have a 1200S (SCSI
    interface). Works just fine with downloaded drivers from Epson. I think here
    is only the interface difference. Check everything about your USB
    connection. Or, possibly; the scanner could have problems with USB2 ( if you
    have it).

    "David Meiland" <remove.david@meiland.com> wrote in message
    > I just upgraded from Win98 to XP and want to connect my 1200U scanner.
    > Naturally the drivers on the OEM CD do not work, and the ones
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    I have this scanner on XP and it works fine through a USB connection. You
    have to uninstall all drivers including some that are not deleted by the
    uninstall program because any leftover files from Win9x will ruin the XP
    installation. These are the instructions for installing the drivers on ME.
    The point is that you have to manually search for all these files and delete
    them before you try to install the XP driver.

    In order to install the Perfection 1200 on Windows ME, you would need
    todownload the appropriate driver for that Operating System. The driver
    thatyou will need to download for Windows ME is Epson Twain V4.2. This
    driveris available on our web site @ www.epson.com. Double click on the
    filedownloaded to extract the needed information to the correct location.
    Removing TWAIN 4 1. Click on "START" "SETTINGS" "CONTROL PANELS".2. Double
    click on the "SYSTEM" folder and select the "DEVICE MANAGER" tab.3. Remove
    any listing of the scanner under "IMAGING" "OTHER" "UNKNOWNDEVICE" or "EPSON
    SCANNER".4. If there is no reference to the scanner while the scanner is on,
    lookfor any conflicts showing with a "?" or "!". If you turn off the
    scannerand this disappears turn the scanner back on and remove that
    device.5. Turn off the scanner and close the System properties.6. "START"
    "PROGRAMS" "ACCESSORIES" "WINDOWS EXPLORER" and remove: Name
    Folder Path TWAIN.LOG Windows
    C:\WindowsTWAIN001.mtx Windows C:\WindowsTWUNK002.mtx
    Windows C:\WindowsTWUNK003.mtx Windows
    C:\WindowsEscanfb4.inf Inf
    C:\Windows\INFEPSONESCANFB4.INF Other
    C:\Windows\INF\OAlan Edelman, Thank you for taking the time to contact
    Epson. It is my pleasure torespond to your inquiry. In order to install the
[...]
    C:\Windows\INF\OtherEPCOMDD.dll System
    C:\Windows\SystemEPFB4CPL.dll System
    C:\Windows\SystemICMRT20A.dll System
    C:\Windows\SystemESSISCSI.dll System
    C:\Windows\SystemGT7600R.icm Color
    C:\Windows\System\ColorGT7600T.icm Color
    C:\Windows\System\ColorCalibrat Folder TWAIN
    C:\Windows\TWAINEPFB4 Folder TWAIN_32
    C:\Windows\TWAIN_32 * If no INF folder is see in the Windows Directory go to
    "TOOLS", "FOLDEROPTIONS". On the "VIEW" tab, find "HIDDEN DEVICES" and
    place a dot beside"SHOW ALL HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS". Click "APPLY" "OK".
    1) Turn the computer off.2) Turn the scanner on and ensure the "READY
    LIGHT" is solid green.3) Reboot the computer.4) Once Windows is rebooted
    the "ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZARD" will come up.5) In the first window that asks
    us "What would you like to do?". We wantto select "SPECIFY A LOCATION" and
    click on "NEXT".6) In the Next window we want to remove the check mark from
    "REMOVABLEFLOPPY MEDIA", and make sure we put a check mark on "SPECIFY A
    LOCATION",and click on "BROWSE".7) From the "BROWSE TO FOLDER" window we
    want to browse to the downloadeddriver location, which should be
    C:\Epson\PRF1200SUTWN. Once we havelocated the file we can click on "OK".8)
    At this point Windows should prompt us with the location of the driveand we
    can click on "NEXT".9) We should then get the screen calibration, once
    complete click "OK".10) And finally we should get a window telling us that
    the installation wascomplete, click on "FINISH".

Scanners Epson Windows XP Peripherals