• Motherboards
  • RAM
  • OCZ
  • Compatibility
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
October 9, 2006 2:30:01 PM

Hi,

I know you've heard this before... the ususal OCZ RAM compatibility problem with the newer GIGABYTE motherboards (GA-965P-S3)... I've posted a message on the OCZ forum and the only thing they do is that they set up an RMA... They don't give a solution or something... So I think I'm gonna go for the RMA but I would like to know if they refund me or they just replace the RAM... Usually, an RMA is for replacing the part so that's why I'm wondering... Maybe they think it's the RAM stick that I have that is defective while the reality is the whole OCZ brand that is incompatible...

More about : 965p usual ram problem

October 9, 2006 11:12:22 PM

Your best bet is to return it to where you bought it from.
October 11, 2006 6:15:15 PM

Quote:
Hi,

I know you've heard this before... the ususal OCZ RAM compatibility problem with the newer GIGABYTE motherboards (GA-965P-S3)... I've posted a message on the OCZ forum and the only thing they do is that they set up an RMA... They don't give a solution or something... So I think I'm gonna go for the RMA but I would like to know if they refund me or they just replace the RAM... Usually, an RMA is for replacing the part so that's why I'm wondering... Maybe they think it's the RAM stick that I have that is defective while the reality is the whole OCZ brand that is incompatible...

is it compatibility or the fact that it wont boot with those ram sticks?

it should work fine as long as you boot with a cheap stick of DDR2 ram rated at 1.8v (the stock voltage) boot, go into the bios, and change the memory voltage to what ever you OCZ ram is, 2.0v~2.2v? the save and shut it down, put in your OCZ and boot it up. should work fine. the new gigabyte boards are at a stock voltage of 1.8 and most OCZ is way higher than that.
!