Is there a self-contained scanner available that will connect to a power source
and allow you to scan and store images, similar to a digital camera, so that
you can connect to a computer later and view them?

I want to be able to take a scanner and scan some family albums and books but
there is no computer available at the site and I can't borrow the albums or
books.

Pat

But you probably can borrow a laptop.