problems with nfs ug

hi ,
i have a problem which i wanted to ask to u.this is regarding the
games:
nfs underground 2 as well as underground 1.
my pc config is follows :
amd athlon 64 bit processor 2800+(1.84 ghz core speed).
gigabyte motherboard which has a sis chipset.
256 mb ram.
64 mb onboard graphic memory.
windows xp.(no sp2)
80 gb hard disk.
the problem is whenever i play nfs ud 1/2, everything works fine
amd suddenly my pc restarts.i dont think there is some problem with
graphics.
after restarting windows says it recovered from a serious error.
it shows error signature as follows:
BC Code :1000008e BCP1:C0000005
BCP2:BFA2D9F4 BCP3:F34BFB38
BCP4:000000000 OS Ver:5_1_2600
SP:0_0
Product:256_1

i am unable to play my favourite game properly !

please advise what to do ?

Vellu

pradf1@gmail.com kirjoitti:
> hi ,
> i have a problem which i wanted to ask to u.this is regarding the
> games:
> nfs underground 2 as well as underground 1.
> my pc config is follows :
> amd athlon 64 bit processor 2800+(1.84 ghz core speed).
> gigabyte motherboard which has a sis chipset.
> 256 mb ram.
> 64 mb onboard graphic memory.
> windows xp.(no sp2)
> 80 gb hard disk.
> the problem is whenever i play nfs ud 1/2, everything works fine
> amd suddenly my pc restarts.i dont think there is some problem with
> graphics.
> after restarting windows says it recovered from a serious error.
> it shows error signature as follows:
> BC Code :1000008e BCP1:C0000005
> BCP2:BFA2D9F4 BCP3:F34BFB38
> BCP4:000000000 OS Ver:5_1_2600
> SP:0_0
> Product:256_1
>

> i am unable to play my favourite game properly !
>
> please advise what to do ?

Overheating issue perhaps.

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

You don't have enough RAM, you need 512 mb. Since you don't have a
video card, only a graphics chip, you really only have 192 mb
available, since it's onboard. I'd bet you don't really have a sound
card either, that's probably onboard as well, further hindering
performance.
Weather on not you have SP2 means nothing, it only means you don't
have SP2.
Get a REAL video card, more RAM.

Phil