DirectX 11 not detected except in dxdiag

htsherman09

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Hello, I just bought a evga 560 1gb ddr5 video card for my system. Windows 7 ultimate, 8gb ram, Intel core2 2.13ghz. I plan on upgrading this year but not too soon due to budget constraints. Anyway, I try running some of my games in directx 11 and the games say that the compatible hardware isn't found. dxdiag says I have directx 11 but the system information says I have dx10. I'm confused as to what's going on since the video card should be compatible. Even says so on the box.
:p

I should also mention I barely updated my video card drivers and directx to the latest versions.

htsherman09

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

Yup! I meant to say that I updated them and checked again not long before I posted the thread. I also restarted the computer each time.

skaz

Distinguished

Okay, just checking ;)

Can you run something like GPU-z and post the direct x results of that?

Windows 7 comes with DX11 right out the box, so in theory you shouldn't have to re-install anything. Strange..

Anyhow, I have to go off topic here for a second: Your CPU will bottleneck your new GPU quite badly, depending of course on what you're planning to play. Your will likely be disappointed with the performance of the card if you don't keep this in mind.

htsherman09

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

I'm fully aware of that. There really isn't too much of a boost right now. Only 10-15 fps at most on gpu intensive games like Metro 2033 which is nice for me on that game but I am slowly buying parts for a new franken computer later.

htsherman09

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

Here are the GPU-Z results. http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/06/03/8f4.png DirectX support is unknown. ??? Yet PC Wizard is detecting Directx 11. So unless somebody has any ideas, I'm thinking I'll just wait this one out until I get my new parts and then just reinstall everything from scratch. Hopefully by then the games will be reading the dx11 and besides, my cpu is totally slowing down everything. Feel free to offer some more tips but I'm gonna say thanks guys!