Problem with booting

Hello. I have winXP pro, i was using a registry cleaning software, then i
restarted my computer but windows didnt started up and a message appeared on
the screen telling me that the file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system was
missing or corrupt. Also in the message they told me to try to use the repair
function in the setup disk.
What shall i do? i urgently need to work on my pc.
Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem booting

    Hi

    Please see if the following article helps:

    "How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry That Prevents Windows XP from
    Starting"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307545

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Philip Germanos" <PhilipGermanos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:47FDBD39-F8AB-425B-93BB-5AAFAAD2B7A2@microsoft.com...
    > Hello. I have winXP pro, i was using a registry cleaning software, then i
    > restarted my computer but windows didnt started up and a message appeared
    > on
    > the screen telling me that the file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system was
    > missing or corrupt. Also in the message they told me to try to use the
    > repair
    > function in the setup disk.
    > What shall i do? i urgently need to work on my pc.
    > Thank you.

Windows XP