Sign in with
Your question

Need to run Vegas Pro on Mac

Last response: in Mac Os X
December 21, 2012 7:25:08 AM

Quick! before you say its windows only!
Well I'm pretty good at editing video and I got into my school's advanced video class, skipping beginner(yay!) though there is only one problem:
I am a hardware and windows 7 nut so I have zero experience with Final Cut Pro. I was thinking I can run a os x VM on my current pc, and use it to install
a 100% portable windows xp VM made exclusevly for running vegas. I was thinking of buying a small (32gb?) flash drive (usb 3.0?) and running off that.

Do you think it is possible?

More about : run vegas pro mac

December 21, 2012 10:25:27 AM

I don't think you will get satisfactory results running Vegas Pro in a virtual machine.

Why not rejoice in the opportunity to learn something new and use Final Cut Pro. Isn't that what education is all about?
m
l
December 22, 2012 4:08:00 AM

Ijack said:
I don't think you will get satisfactory results running Vegas Pro in a virtual machine.

Why not rejoice in the opportunity to learn something new and use Final Cut Pro. Isn't that what education is all about?

Ah I did more research. it does run slow in a VM but dual boot (via bootcamp) runs fine. I prefer vegas because you can be more precise than what I have seen done in final cut. It just seems like final cut pro is a bunch of pre made things you slap where you need.
m
l
!