crash

My XP crashes when I use my latest installed software GIGA studio.When I
use my editing software Vegas 4.0 at the same time the computer
turnes off. I have 280 Ghz and have used this software combination
before.I have to uninstall GIGA to make the computer work.I have
tried to contact the software manufacturer but the support is
reluctant to help. I have no hyperthread on my Pc .Does anyone have an
idea of how to solve this conflict?
2 answers Last reply
More about crash

    Hey there ... Why don't you start off by mention your computer specs ...

    "anders" <anders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My XP crashes when I use my latest installed software GIGA studio.When
    > use my editing software Vegas 4.0 at the same time the computer
    > turnes off. I have 280 Ghz and have used this software combination
    > before.I have to uninstall GIGA to make the computer work.I have
    > tried to contact the software manufacturer but the support is
    > reluctant to help. I have no hyperthread on my Pc .Does anyone have
    > an
    > idea of how to solve this conflict?

    As another noted, get a better response if sufficient
    information is provided. Other important information - what
    does the system (event) log report? What does Device Manager
    say? Any responsible computer manufacturer provided
    comprehensive hardware diagnostics for free. IOW determine
    hardware integrity before suspecting application software and
    OS as reasons for failure. Get and execute those diagnostics.

    Some of the 'usual' suspects are hardware (sound card, video
    controller, memory), marginal PSU (low voltage or increasing
    ripple voltage), newly installed drivers or other software,
    and the wild card - malware. If heat was the problem in a 70
    degree room, then the computer was defective when purchased.
    All minimally acceptable machines must work just fine in a 100
    degree F room - assuming the one necessary fan did spin on
    powerup. Unfortunately too many want to cure the symptoms
    rather than eliminate the problem. They install more fans.

    Just some guidelines to start the process. First get and
    provide facts. Later move on to curing the problem. Above
    are more tools to identify the problem.

    anders wrote:

    > My XP crashes when I use my latest installed software GIGA
    > studio.When I use my editing software Vegas 4.0 at the same
    > time the computer turnes off. I have 280 Ghz and have used
    > this software combination before.I have to uninstall GIGA to
    > make the computer work.I have tried to contact the
    > software manufacturer but the support is reluctant to help.
    > I have no hyperthread on my Pc .Does anyone have an idea of
    > how to solve this conflict?

Software Windows XP