NFS HP2 wheel trouble.....

Jez

Many moons ago I managed to get my Thrustmaster force feedback racing
wheel v1.0(usb), working fine in Hot Pursuit 2, but I re-installed the
game a few days back, and now It doesn't recognize the wheel,( It never
used to, but the 'thrustmapper' utility got it to work, somehow !), and
the pedals are all messed up.

Anyone have any ideas of how to get the damn thing working ?

It did used to work...'onest govner !

T.I.A.

---
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn

viperx

> Many moons ago I managed to get my Thrustmaster force feedback racing
> wheel v1.0(usb), working fine in Hot Pursuit 2, but I re-installed the
> game a few days back, and now It doesn't recognize the wheel,( It never
> used to, but the 'thrustmapper' utility got it to work, somehow !), and
> the pedals are all messed up.

Are you sure it still works fully? I recently tried a Logitech Wingman
Formula that used to work perfectly, and it doesn't anymore. Most of the
buttons are broken and the pedals don't work at all. Could be the same thing
with yours.

Jez

viperX wrote:
>>Many moons ago I managed to get my Thrustmaster force feedback racing
>>wheel v1.0(usb), working fine in Hot Pursuit 2, but I re-installed the
>>game a few days back, and now It doesn't recognize the wheel,( It never
>>used to, but the 'thrustmapper' utility got it to work, somehow !), and
>>the pedals are all messed up.
>

> Are you sure it still works fully? I recently tried a Logitech Wingman
> Formula that used to work perfectly, and it doesn't anymore. Most of the
> buttons are broken and the pedals don't work at all. Could be the same thing
> with yours.

The wheel works fine in Underground, and Underground 2, so it's not the
wheel....I guess...
:)

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn

viperx

> The wheel works fine in Underground, and Underground 2, so it's not the
> wheel....I guess...

I see. Hmm, is it calibrated?

Jez

viperX wrote:
>>The wheel works fine in Underground, and Underground 2, so it's not the
>>wheel....I guess...
>

> I see. Hmm, is it calibrated?

Problem solved !

Un-installed the latest drivers, and installed an older set.......
And then I un-installed the 'Thrust mapper', thingy. Although Hot
Pursuit sees the pedals the wrong way around, that proved to be no
problem, I just set them the wrong way around in the options menu !
:)

Yippie !!

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn

viperx

> Problem solved !
>
> Un-installed the latest drivers, and installed an older set.......
> And then I un-installed the 'Thrust mapper', thingy. Although Hot
> Pursuit sees the pedals the wrong way around, that proved to be no
> problem, I just set them the wrong way around in the options menu !
> :)
>
> Yippie !!

Great! One stick that I used to use for some games, it's buttons broke - my
older brother opened it up and managed to get the buttons to work the wrong
way round and I just assigned them backwards. It's a trick that still works!

Happy racing