Video card's fan still on without games playing

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Hello, everytime when I play some games, the video cards would spinning and make some loud noise, which is fine to me when I actually playing a game, however, when I stop playing it, and exit to windows, the video card's fan are still spinning, now, that's what I don't like, I do not want to restart my computer just to shut down the fan everytime I play a game.

Is there anyway to stop the video card's fan without actually restarting the windows after playing a game?

Thanks

My video card is "BFG Tech BFGR76256GTOCE Geforce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card".

Giraffe

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
this sounds normal 2 me

wouldnt it be hot after exiting a game so it leaves the fan on to cool it down?
im not sure though

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Well, I only played the game like 2 minutes. What I'm guess is that the fans won't stop unitil I shut down or restart my pc, then I do not want the fan to run all day and night.

oaksmokedbacon

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
the cards fan will spin at high speed until the heat has dissipated and cards gpu has cooled down. I'm not sure about Nvidia drivers as i have an ati card but you migh be able to adjust fan speeds in relation to temperature like you can with ATI Tool.

The fan will never stop spinning unless you turn off the pc as the card is always generating heat. Unless you go for a water cooling system you fans will always generate noise, an unfortunate by product of the exhaust systems we use.

SRRAE

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I have never seen a graphics card stop. I have heard they are meant to, but I dont think they will ever get that cool.

Also graphic card temperatures shoot up with in secods of loading a game, but very quickly come down when I exit.

_TOMO_

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
if you go into the nvidia control panel i think you can set the gpu and memory clocks for 2d and 3d so just lower the clocks for 2d this should help reduce heat.

i had a 7600gt and this fixed it, it still would take a while to come down though.

let me know how you get on