need for cash

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 21, 2005 9:13:52 PM

I'm playing Need for speed underground 2. I've played all the races in this
level (stage3, 47% of game completed), but the other side of Coal Harbor
(west?) remains closed. In this group I found out I had to visually upgrade
my car. But I made a stupid trade, I wanted the RX-7 and traded in my G35 (I
only got 4 slots open for cars). But I already upgraded the G35 and all that
money was gone. Now I've got 0 on my bank and the visual rating of my MX-5
is only 4.35. I read that it had to be over 6 to open up the next part. Also
I missed the message where the hidden url-race was supposed to be. I'm not
winning enough outruns to get enough cash! So where is this url or else is
there a cheat to get more cash?
All the shops are discovered, I've crossed every alley in town, harbor and
heights, but can't find any hidden races. Playing races of the World Map
doesn't give extra credit.

SF

More about : cash

August 22, 2005 12:18:11 AM

SF kirjoitti:
> I'm playing Need for speed underground 2. I've played all the races in this
> level (stage3, 47% of game completed), but the other side of Coal Harbor
> (west?) remains closed. In this group I found out I had to visually upgrade
> my car. But I made a stupid trade, I wanted the RX-7 and traded in my G35 (I
> only got 4 slots open for cars). But I already upgraded the G35 and all that
> money was gone. Now I've got 0 on my bank and the visual rating of my MX-5
> is only 4.35. I read that it had to be over 6 to open up the next part. Also
> I missed the message where the hidden url-race was supposed to be. I'm not
> winning enough outruns to get enough cash! So where is this url or else is
> there a cheat to get more cash?
> All the shops are discovered, I've crossed every alley in town, harbor and
> heights, but can't find any hidden races. Playing races of the World Map
> doesn't give extra credit.
>
> SF

You can earn money in the world map; just restart (that is, start the
race, press esc and select restart) every race and you'll get the green.
Takes a while, but possible to get enough money that way. There are
money trainers available too, if you feel like cheating for money.
Google knows best...
August 22, 2005 12:39:22 AM

"vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> schreef

> You can earn money in the world map; just restart (that is, start the
> race, press esc and select restart) every race and you'll get the green.
> Takes a while, but possible to get enough money that way. There are money
> trainers available too, if you feel like cheating for money. Google knows
> best...

sorry answered at your personal adress instead of in group, was so busy
playing ;-)
thanx a million, I just found what you were talking about on
http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/needforspeedug2.html, since then I'm very busy
playing ;-) I've unlocked the new part and found a sponsor.
But I'm still waiting for my new car, when I go to the garage to pick one up
it keeps asking which of my cars I want to trade and the fifth place has a
lock on it :-(
Well, better spend my money on upgrading the other cars then.

SF
August 22, 2005 6:22:11 AM

Had you visited online, you would have found out that the lowly Corolla has the best cornering of all cars in NFSU2, and
is the overall fastest car for Circuit, Sprint, Street-X and URL. It's also good enough for drag and drifing events in
career mode. I did all of career mode using just the Corolla and the Navigator (the best of the SUV's) for the SUV
events (these don't show up unless you're driving in a SUV).

On tracks like Outer Ring, no car stands a chance against the Corolla, as it's cornering speed allows it to take corners
much faster and without any contact providing more NOS. The Corolla also dominates the Bayview URL tracks. On tracks
where cornering speed is not as important (wall banging tracks), other cars like the RX7 are competive.

Some videos as examples:

A turbo tuned 455.7 hp Corolla, no uniques, no nos runing a 1:06.84 lap at Outer Ring:
http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2nor.wmv

A non-turbo tuned 440.7 hp Corolla, no uniques, some nos used, doing a 46.7 lap at Observatory:
http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2ob.wmv

The Corolla doing street x:
http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2sx.wmv
August 22, 2005 12:43:46 PM

SF kirjoitti:
> "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> schreef
>
>>You can earn money in the world map; just restart (that is, start the
>>race, press esc and select restart) every race and you'll get the green.
>>Takes a while, but possible to get enough money that way. There are money
>>trainers available too, if you feel like cheating for money. Google knows
>>best...
>

> sorry answered at your personal adress instead of in group, was so busy
> playing ;-)
> thanx a million, I just found what you were talking about on
> http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/needforspeedug2.html, since then I'm very busy
> playing ;-) I've unlocked the new part and found a sponsor.
> But I'm still waiting for my new car, when I go to the garage to pick one up
> it keeps asking which of my cars I want to trade and the fifth place has a
> lock on it :-(
> Well, better spend my money on upgrading the other cars then.
>
> SF

You get the fifth slot opened at the fifth stage... New cars however are
unlocked by winning URL races. There are way more cars then there are
career slots, as you've no doubt noticed.

To make sure that you won't get stuck again always keep one of your cars
built to maximum (unique parts help a lot too).
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 12:43:47 PM

> You get the fifth slot opened at the fifth stage... New cars however are unlocked by winning URL races. There are way
> more cars then there are career slots, as you've no doubt noticed.

The fifth slot never opens until you complete career mode. It's bascially unusable unless you enjoy doing the unending
outruns that are available after you complete career mode.

The new cars are only unlocked when your in a certain stage. Running all URL's possible in stage 2 is not going to
unlock a stage 3 car.

I've made two savegames, with and without turbo tuning. I patched the savegames to put wide body kits, lynx spoilers,
trap hoods on 4 career cars, and 3 uniques upgrade for all 5 career vehicles (I used a Navigator for one of the career
slots). I since removed the wide body kits as some claim the cars are faster without them (I confirmed this is true for
drag racing, but don't know about circuit), but left the wide body kits as owned for each of the 4 career cars so you
can install one if you want. I also setup a offline and online ranked Corolla, 240SX, and GTI for online racing and
offline practice.

The savegames and a readme.txt file explaining where to extract the files are in this zip file:

http://jeffareid.net/nfsu2/nfsu2.zip
August 22, 2005 2:46:19 PM

"vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> schreef
> You get the fifth slot opened at the fifth stage... New cars however are
> unlocked by winning URL races. There are way more cars then there are
> career slots, as you've no doubt noticed.
>
> To make sure that you won't get stuck again always keep one of your cars
> built to maximum (unique parts help a lot too).

thanx, I'll start on them url races then ;-)
(I want my G35 back)
SF
August 22, 2005 2:51:33 PM

"vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> schreef

> You get the fifth slot opened at the fifth stage... New cars however are
> unlocked by winning URL races. There are way more cars then there are
> career slots, as you've no doubt noticed.
>
> To make sure that you won't get stuck again always keep one of your cars
> built to maximum (unique parts help a lot too).

so when they are saying, there's a brand new car waiting for you, there's no
need to rush to the shop unless you're not satified by earlier choises?
It's rather a waste of money to build all the cars up than isn't it?
SF
August 22, 2005 3:20:06 PM

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> You get the fifth slot opened at the fifth stage... New cars however are
>> unlocked by winning URL races. There are way more cars then there are
>> career slots, as you've no doubt noticed.
>
> The fifth slot never opens until you complete career mode. It's bascially
> unusable unless you enjoy doing the unending outruns that are available
> after you complete career mode.

ok, so you dó have to change an older to a newer car if you want to use an
unlocked car. Which cars do you find preferable to use later in the game?
SF
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 3:20:07 PM

> ok, so you dó have to change an older to a newer car if you want to use an unlocked car. Which cars do you find
> preferable to use later in the game?

I just posted this. I used the Corolla for all of career mode, it's the
fastest for circuit, sprint, street x and url. It's also good enough for
drag and drift in career mode (240sx is fastest for drag online, GTI is most
popular for drift online). The only other vehicle I used was the Navigator
for the SUV events. I kept the Navigator upgrades to a minimum (just
performance) until near the end of stage 3 where you normally have more
money than you can spend if you only have two vehicles.

By only using one car for all of career mode, all of the uniques you get
from outruns go onto the same car.
August 22, 2005 3:46:38 PM

>> ok, so you dó have to change an older to a newer car if you want to use
>> an unlocked car. Which cars do you find preferable to use later in the
>> game?
>
> I just posted this. I used the Corolla for all of career mode, it's the
> fastest for circuit, sprint, street x and url. It's also good enough for
> drag and drift in career mode (240sx is fastest for drag online, GTI is
> most
> popular for drift online). The only other vehicle I used was the Navigator
> for the SUV events. I kept the Navigator upgrades to a minimum (just
> performance) until near the end of stage 3 where you normally have more
> money than you can spend if you only have two vehicles.
>
> By only using one car for all of career mode, all of the uniques you get
> from outruns go onto the same car.

thanx for the tip, I don't like driving the SUV, but I could try the
Corolla. Up till now My favorite was the mazda mx-5, that one has all the
available upgrades.

SF
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 3:46:39 PM

> thanx for the tip, I don't like driving the SUV, but I could try the Corolla. Up till now My favorite was the mazda
> mx-5, that one has all the available upgrades.

The navigator isn't too bad if you run lowest height and maxmimize everything
else but rear sway bar (all the way left on that).

You can try out the Navitgator from my savegames in this zip file:

http://jeffareid.net/nfsu2/nfsu2.zip

Some videos of the Corolla in action:

A turbo tuned 455.7 hp Corolla, no uniques, no nos runing a 1:06.84 lap at Outer Ring:
http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2nor.wmv

A non-turbo tuned 440.7 hp Corolla, no uniques, some nos used, doing a 46.7 lap at Observatory:
http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2ob.wmv

The Corolla doing street x:
http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2sx.wmv
August 22, 2005 9:58:37 PM

SF kirjoitti:
> "vellu" <velimala@hotmail.com> schreef
>
>>You get the fifth slot opened at the fifth stage... New cars however are
>>unlocked by winning URL races. There are way more cars then there are
>>career slots, as you've no doubt noticed.
>>
>>To make sure that you won't get stuck again always keep one of your cars
>>built to maximum (unique parts help a lot too).
>

> so when they are saying, there's a brand new car waiting for you, there's no
> need to rush to the shop unless you're not satified by earlier choises?
> It's rather a waste of money to build all the cars up than isn't it?
> SF

Correct, that message only means you have more cars to choose from. If
you're happy with your current cars, no need to "upgrade".

Others already have posted what cars perform best (corolla, 240sx) for
different race modes. Other then that, it's all up to personal taste.

True, building up all five cars isn't necessary to win the game. I
usually build three cars (have played the career through several times).
The one I start with usually to around 5-6 star rating, by which time
I've unlocked the car I want to finish with (which I then build up all
the way). Plus an SUV. The extra two just for fun if I have extra money.

For purely customization purposes career isn't the best place anyway.
Customization mode outside of career is better for that (no need to
drive from one garage to the other or need any money).
August 22, 2005 11:51:02 PM

>> thanx for the tip, I don't like driving the SUV, but I could try the
>> Corolla. Up till now My favorite was the mazda mx-5, that one has all the
>> available upgrades.
>
> The navigator isn't too bad if you run lowest height and maxmimize
> everything
> else but rear sway bar (all the way left on that).
>
> You can try out the Navitgator from my savegames in this zip file:
>
> http://jeffareid.net/nfsu2/nfsu2.zip
>
> Some videos of the Corolla in action:
>
> A turbo tuned 455.7 hp Corolla, no uniques, no nos runing a 1:06.84 lap at
> Outer Ring:
> http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2nor.wmv
>
> A non-turbo tuned 440.7 hp Corolla, no uniques, some nos used, doing a
> 46.7 lap at Observatory:
> http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2ob.wmv
>
> The Corolla doing street x:
> http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu2sx.wmv

I just looked at the Corolla in the game, but that car is just not me, god
that thing is ugly!

SF

(I know, I asked)

About that zip file, if I use that saved game, isn't my carreer not just
gone? I can't find an option in the game for more personalities, it just
starts with load game
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 11:51:03 PM

> About that zip file, if I use that saved game, isn't my carreer not just gone? I can't find an option in the game for
> more personalities, it just starts with load game

Each savegame has it's career info, it wouldn't affect your career info.
August 23, 2005 5:17:57 AM

>> About that zip file, if I use that saved game, isn't my carreer not just
>> gone? I can't find an option in the game for more personalities, it just
>> starts with load game
>
> Each savegame has it's career info, it wouldn't affect your career info.

ok, I'll try tomorrow if I have time
SF
!