View PPC screen on PC?

February 1, 2005 2:58:06 AM

A few weeks ago I played briefly with a program that lets me view my
(cradled) PPC screen on my PC. But after much futile searching I'm
darned if I can find it now. Can someone throw in a likely name or two
I can use as a target please? I'm positive it's here somewhere on my
HD...

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

More about : view ppc screen

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 2:58:07 AM

Try the Remote Control Display Power Toy

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/downlo...
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

"Terry Pinnell" <terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote in message
>A few weeks ago I played briefly with a program that lets me view my
> (cradled) PPC screen on my PC. But after much futile searching I'm
> darned if I can find it now. Can someone throw in a likely name or two
> I can use as a target please? I'm positive it's here somewhere on my
> HD...
>
> --
> Terry, West Sussex, UK
> Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 2:58:08 AM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:53:37 -1000, "Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile
Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:

>Try the Remote Control Display Power Toy
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/downlo...

You know what else would be nice... If you could view the PC on the
Pocket PC. This would be a great tool in the field. You could use the
Pocket PC as a monitor!
February 1, 2005 2:58:09 AM

<yea.yea.yea@yea.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:53:37 -1000, "Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile
> Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:
>
> >Try the Remote Control Display Power Toy
> >
> >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/downlo...
>
> You know what else would be nice... If you could view the PC on the
> Pocket PC. This would be a great tool in the field. You could use the
> Pocket PC as a monitor!

Already exists.

Pocket PC Terminal Services.

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 3:03:23 AM

Reply to message from "V Green" <vanceg@nowhere.net> (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:
35:23) about ""Re: View PPC screen on PC?"":

> <yea.yea.yea@yea.com> wrote in message news:
> blvtv0d04gr1i2174ehdji2fam499ca6gq@4 ax.com...
>> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:53:37 -1000, "Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile
>> Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote:

>> You know what else would be nice... If you could view the PC on the
>> Pocket PC. This would be a great tool in the field. You could use the
>> Pocket PC as a monitor!

> Already exists.
> Pocket PC Terminal Services.

And vnc for pocket pc.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 10:12:28 AM

If it only would allow you to past text into the PPC
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 12:06:30 PM

It does....you can use your keyboard to input text into the PDA.

Bobby

"cebess" <cebess@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o kIozBHCFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> If it only would allow you to past text into the PPC

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 12:07:09 PM

Terry,

There is also Controller for Pocket PC from LapLink. You can get more
information on it here
http://www.laplink.com/products/controller/overview.asp and they do have a
free trial. While not free, it does have a few more features than the Power
Toy - screenshots, skinning, etc.

Yet one more thing to ponder! :-D

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:eSxq1h$BFHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Try the Remote Control Display Power Toy
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/wce/downlo...
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>
> "Terry Pinnell" <terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote in message
>>A few weeks ago I played briefly with a program that lets me view my
>> (cradled) PPC screen on my PC. But after much futile searching I'm
>> darned if I can find it now. Can someone throw in a likely name or two
>> I can use as a target please? I'm positive it's here somewhere on my
>> HD...
>>
>> --
>> Terry, West Sussex, UK
>> Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

February 1, 2005 1:38:41 PM

There is a freeware VNC client for the PPC, or you could
try PTvncGPRS(240*320) or PTvncHiRes(480*640) both
available from Handango or PocketGear (inc. trial versions).

"xTenn" <xtennremovethispart@tds.net> wrote in message

> And vnc for pocket pc.
February 1, 2005 3:47:35 PM

I believe there may be a VNC server for the PPC in development
I recall seing it somewhere :-)
We (Parys Technografx) will be developing one at some point, but
at the moment we're busy creating a sprite (and parallel projection) engine.

"Terry Pinnell" <terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote in message
> A few weeks ago I played briefly with a program that lets me view my
> (cradled) PPC screen on my PC. But after much futile searching I'm
> darned if I can find it now. Can someone throw in a likely name or two
> I can use as a target please? I'm positive it's here somewhere on my
> HD...
>
> --
> Terry, West Sussex, UK
> Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 3:19:35 AM

On 01 Feb 2005, "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> pondered an
unfair universe and came up with news:eol6nEJCFHA.2600
@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:

Doesn't allow you to copy and paste from text on regular PC programs
into the RDC. You have to manually type out nice long URLs, for
example.

> It does....you can use your keyboard to input text into the PDA.
>
> Bobby
>
> "cebess" <cebess@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o kIozBHCFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> If it only would allow you to past text into the PPC

--
StephG
Anonymous

For that you can just click on the icon for the PPC and drag and drop to
it's cards...dont need a utility to do that. Another alternative would be to
make the URL a mobile favorite in IE.

Bobby

"StephG" <dontspamFrankensoftail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 01 Feb 2005, "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> pondered an
> unfair universe and came up with news:eol6nEJCFHA.2600
> @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl:
>
> Doesn't allow you to copy and paste from text on regular PC programs
> into the RDC. You have to manually type out nice long URLs, for
> example.
>
>> It does....you can use your keyboard to input text into the PDA.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> "cebess" <cebess@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o kIozBHCFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> If it only would allow you to past text into the PPC
>>>

> --
> StephG
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 11:30:24 AM

"dave" <dave@parystec.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I believe there may be a VNC server for the PPC in development
>I recall seing it somewhere :-)
>We (Parys Technografx) will be developing one at some point, but
>at the moment we're busy creating a sprite (and parallel projection) engine.

Many thanks for all those helpful replies. I'll start with the
Powertoys program.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

Now this requires some explanation to me. My machine has no icon for
the ppc, and I don't know what the cards are that you're referring to
(I'm using Windows 2000).

I could add the URL to mobile favorites, but then I'm cluttering up
mobile favorites when I just want to browse

That's just URLs. There's a lot of stuff that I might want to copy
and paste, and having to take the extra step of making a document,
saving it, transfering it and opening it on the PPC just
seems...redundant.

--
StephG
!