Sign in with
Your question

AMD announces launch date for BullDozer

Last response: in CPUs
October 10, 2006 2:02:18 PM

As expected, AMD has announced the dates for Rev G TurionX2 and Sempron. According to DigiTimes the processors are set to debut in Q207, just before the Barcelona cores.

Linkage!
October 10, 2006 2:27:35 PM

Quote:
As expected, AMD has announced the dates for Rev G TurionX2 and Sempron. According to DigiTimes the processors are set to debut in Q207, just before the Barcelona cores.

Linkage!
Whoever they've got naming their processors sucks. Tyler,Taylor? :?
October 10, 2006 3:02:54 PM

Quote:

Linkage!

What's the difference between those parts and current parts apart from the move to 65nm?
Related resources
October 10, 2006 3:53:45 PM

Quote:

Linkage!

What's the difference between those parts and current parts apart from the move to 65nm?

They will be dual core versions of K8L. They will have the same specs but only two cores.
October 10, 2006 4:35:53 PM

I've said it loads of times, and I'll say it again - AMD CORE NAMES SUCK!
October 10, 2006 4:53:53 PM

Quote:

Linkage!

I also want to know :wink:
October 10, 2006 5:30:16 PM

Quote:

Linkage!

I also want to know :wink:

Here you go.

Linkage!
October 10, 2006 5:57:22 PM

Quote:
i liked the denmark as a core name,i am of danish lineage tho.

Me too! But I'd still rather have an UltroTritonUber core.
October 10, 2006 6:43:55 PM

I second that , also there's nothing new (technically speaking)or exciting coming from AMD, just more stuff to put on the motherboard.
They are like "ho hum" now.
October 10, 2006 6:52:59 PM

With the 65 nm process, shouldn't AMD be able to push the speed up more, while maintaining reasonable efficiency and control of heat issues? Does this core still utilize a 1600 mhz Hyper Transport? Also it will be able to use ddr2 800.
a c 480 à CPUs
a c 122 À AMD
October 10, 2006 7:42:42 PM

Quote:
With the 65 nm process, shouldn't AMD be able to push the speed up more, while maintaining reasonable efficiency and control of heat issues? Does this core still utilize a 1600 mhz Hyper Transport? Also it will be able to use ddr2 800.

That will happen soon enough. I think AMD's main objective is make a successful transition from 90nm to 65nm without going through a similar "electron leakage" fiasco that Intel had when they transitioned over to 65nm.
October 10, 2006 7:54:41 PM

Quote:
i liked the denmark as a core name,i am of danish lineage tho.

Me too! But I'd still rather have an UltroTritonUber core.

What about just calling it MEGA or XTREEEEEEME
October 10, 2006 8:03:27 PM

October 10, 2006 8:33:05 PM

I still like FX+ Compton Edition. The setup is kinda a hack job... therefore a ghetto name for a ghetto processor.
@gOJDO
Is this always necessary?
a b à CPUs
October 10, 2006 8:37:30 PM

Quote:
I still like FX+ Compton Edition. The setup is kinda a hack job... therefore a ghetto name for a ghetto processor.
@gOJDO

Some people fight extremism with extremism. Is it necessary? No. I sympathize with gOJDO's frustrations but I think perhaps gOJDO can concentrate on counter-arguing rather then insulting pictures.

My 2 Cents.
October 10, 2006 8:50:31 PM

Quote:
Some people fight extremism with extremism. Is it necessary? No. I sympathize with gOJDO's frustrations but I think perhaps gOJDO can concentrate on counter-arguing rather then insulting pictures.

My 2 Cents.

I tried to STFU BaronBS's BS with arguments, facts and proves and I failed. Becouse there is no option like "ignore user" or "ignore stupid moron" the only option left to counter the BS(I don't want to read) is posting BS.
Anyone wants intelegent IT related discussion?
Well, sorry folks you'll have to read not only BaronBS's BS, but mine also(after his) until one of us get banned.
It is fun for BaronBS to post BS and it is fun for me to frustrate him.
October 10, 2006 9:39:07 PM

Sounds like your the one who's really frustrated.
Maybe you should consider some
October 10, 2006 9:50:20 PM

Quote:

Too skinny for me, and the boobs are a bit low!
October 10, 2006 9:54:24 PM

Quote:
I've said it loads of times, and I'll say it again - AMD CORE NAMES SUCK!

I think they're cool...but Bulldozer does kinda sound funny. I think AMD and Intel have their share of funny core names.
October 10, 2006 10:12:21 PM

Quote:

ill take two and some pizza and beer. :p 

Rather take a bottle of my good friend Jim really.
October 10, 2006 10:29:34 PM

Quote:
take a few pints and shell shape up for ya :wink:

Drink a "few" pints and ANYTHING will shape up for anyone :wink:
October 10, 2006 10:33:21 PM

Meh, keep your skinny women, I'll take mine from the hood..

I like mine with flesh.
Edited: Cause the link failed and I believe we should all be able to experience the greatness that is Vida.
October 10, 2006 11:37:49 PM

Quote:
Meh, keep your skinny women, I'll take mine from the hood..

I like mine with flesh.

May god bless you Ninja
October 10, 2006 11:58:16 PM

Quote:

Box of condom's and a fridge full of KY jelly and Monster energy drink, then I will consider.
October 11, 2006 12:03:28 AM

Quote:

My 2 Cents.

I tried to STFU BaronBS's BS with arguments, facts and proves and I failed. Becouse there is no option like "ignore user" or "ignore stupid moron" the only option left to counter the BS(I don't want to read) is posting BS.
Well, sorry folks you'll have to read not only BaronBS's BS, but mine also(after his) until one of us get banned.

I know you are but what am I?
October 11, 2006 12:07:31 AM

Quote:
They will be dual core versions of K8L. They will have the same specs but only two cores.

K8L = Rev B.

Cheers!
October 11, 2006 12:12:07 AM

Quote:

May god bless you K8man

Quote:
But perfect hieght for us dwarves
October 11, 2006 12:15:47 AM

Quote:
@gOJDO

WTF is a ghetto processor? BullDozer should be 30-40% faster than the current Turion X2.

I finally got in a comparative test with P4 2.8Ghz and TurionX2 compiles similar sized webpages MUCH FASTER.
October 11, 2006 12:25:17 AM

Quote:

May god bless you K8man

Quote:
But perfect hieght for us dwarves

LOL, this may sound mean and stupid but are you seriously a dwarf?
October 11, 2006 12:38:03 AM

Quote:

Legally? No. Relatively, yes. I am 5'7", 2 inches shother than the average US male. In my work center of 65-70 males, we have 1 shorther than me, and 1 the same hieght. The rest a taller. We currently have 2 in the 6'7" range errrm.....I mean 6'6" (as above 6'6" is not waiverable for our occupation) with a 3rd giant transfering in shortly(no pun intended). So I am a dwarf where I work.
October 11, 2006 12:59:07 AM

Quote:

Legally? No. Relatively, yes. I am 5'7", 2 inches shother than the average US male. In my work center of 65-70 males, we have 1 shorther than me, and 1 the same hieght. The rest a taller. We currently have 2 in the 6'7" range errrm.....I mean 6'6" (as above 6'6" is not waiverable for our occupation) with a 3rd giant transfering in shortly(no pun intended). So I am a dwarf where I work.

LOL, well thats not too bad. I have friends like 5 feet tall. I feel weird near them because i'm maybe 6'4 6'5 and only 17, so i'll grow some more. I doubt they will ever grow. 8)
October 11, 2006 2:09:38 AM

Quote:

You are a.... nah, this ones too easy.
October 11, 2006 3:36:08 AM

http://www.laptoplogic.com/news/detail.php?id=1477&PHPS...
"Bulldozer will be AMD's second mobile CPU to be based off the still-in-development 45nm process (this is not a typo!) or possibly even AMD's 32nm process."

I don't see how a 65 nm shrink would be a mobile CPU designed from the ground up as previously been reported..
October 11, 2006 3:47:16 AM

I'm going to have to agree with r0ck. Tyler and Sherman have also been Rev G parts which are basically 65nm die shrinks. They are not Bulldozer or an new microarchitecture. Rev G just adds half multipliers for finer grain power control and activates DDR2 800 support which was mainly just waiting for motherboard support and SODIMM availability in labtops. The 65nm process should bring higher clock speeds and hopefully lower power consumption although the TDP is still set at 35W.
October 11, 2006 4:31:19 AM

Quote:
I finally got in a comparative test with P4 2.8Ghz and TurionX2 compiles similar sized webpages MUCH FASTER.

I see, devs "compile" web pages, and everyone else "renders" web pages.

October 11, 2006 12:08:22 PM

How does one compile a webpage? Does he mean the actual process? In that case, Dreamweaver running on a Celeron D at 533Mhz FSB and 3.06Ghz with only 512Mb of RAM, (with onboard sound and video, I'm talking about a $50 Intel budget board) does it in about 0.22 seconds. That, in case he needs a reference, is the same amount of time it takes Google to search for 886,000 results for the word jackass.
If he's talking about the process of loading images and embedded options onto the page with it still in the editor, it takes only 0.33 seconds with the same process. Incidentally that's the same time it takes for Google to search for 14,500,000 results of the word moron.
Take it how you want it. The FUD finally made me put aside my peacefulness for a bit.
Juan.
October 11, 2006 3:16:15 PM

Quote:
@gOJDO

WTF is a ghetto processor? BullDozer should be 30-40% faster than the current Turion X2.

If you are still comparing to a P4, you should stop sucking the exhaust from your Pinto!

I think, Intel stop making P4. We're in the C2D world now. Come on, keep up!
October 11, 2006 3:47:41 PM

Quote:

I see, devs "compile" web pages, and everyone else "renders" web pages.

Ummm, dufus, IE\FireFox renders webpages. When you are in Visual Studio you compile the aspx pages and code.
October 11, 2006 3:56:12 PM

Quote:
How does one compile a webpage? Does he mean the actual process? In that case, Dreamweaver running on a Celeron D at 533Mhz FSB and 3.06Ghz with only 512Mb of RAM, (with onboard sound and video, I'm talking about a $50 Intel budget board) does it in about 0.22 seconds. That, in case he needs a reference, is the same amount of time it takes Google to search for 886,000 results for the word jackass.
If he's talking about the process of loading images and embedded options onto the page with it still in the editor, it takes only 0.33 seconds with the same process. Incidentally that's the same time it takes for Google to search for 14,500,000 results of the word moron.
Take it how you want it. The FUD finally made me put aside my peacefulness for a bit.
Juan.

Obviously, you are not a developer. Visual Studio 2005 is NONE OF THE ABOVE. When you create a website in Visual Studio or Eclipse or any other IDE(integrated dev environment) the code must be compiled before it can be put on a server. This is a "build" process. In order to test the webpages they must be built or "compiled."

ASP.Net 2.0 has made this much easier by using a Managed memory system and a server runtime so deployments are a simple copy. The first time the website is run it is then compiled by the runtime and JIT compiler on the server.
October 11, 2006 4:13:51 PM

You know I wanted to stop flaming your pitiable ass, but now I see that you are as far gone as Shakirou and just as unflappable.
Once again your swell head prevents you from seeing anything other than whats inside your ass. When I said what I did, yes I was talking about how long it takes to, as you say,
Quote:
test the webpages they must be built or "compiled."

The thing that compling uses the most is memory. CPU usage is vry important, but with all compilers, whether it be C++, Java, or any markup script is memory.
Quote:
Ummm, dufus, IE\FireFox renders webpages. When you are in Visual Studio you compile the aspx pages and code.

If you actually read what's on the screen and not let your brain place the words in front of your eyes, you'll see that you just said the same damn thing that he said.
Usually its evilr00t or gOJDO job to tell you this, but seeing how annoyed you have me, especially when I' eating some thing I'll make a very, very small exception. You sir, are a fool.
That is all I have to say to you. Don't bother replying as I will be doing something more useful with my time than arguing with you.
Good day sir.
Ninja
October 11, 2006 4:14:12 PM

Quote:
@gOJDO

If you are still comparing to a P4, you should stop sucking the exhaust from your Pinto!

I think, Intel stop making P4. We're in the C2D world now. Come on, keep up!

I compared them because the company I'm consulting for and most companies for that matter have P4s to dev with.

And OptiCrap at that. I'd like to get a 9xx and a Core 2 for a better comparison. I know my 4400+ blows my TL-52 away.
October 11, 2006 4:20:46 PM

Quote:
You know I wanted to stop flaming your pitiable ass, but now I see that you are as far gone as Shakirou and just as unflappable.
Once again your swell head prevents you from seeing anything other than whats inside your ass. When I said what I did, yes I was talking about how long it takes to, as you say, test the webpages they must be built or "compiled."

The thing that compling uses the most is memory. CPU usage is vry important, but with all compilers, whether it be C++, Java, or any markup script is memory.
Quote:

If you actually read what's on the screen and not let your brain place the words in front of your eyes, you'll see that you just said the same damn thing that he said.
Usually its evilr00t or gOJDO job to tell you this, but seeing how annoyed you have me, especially when I' eating some thing I'll make a very, very small exception. You sir, are a fool.
That is all I have to say to you. Don't bother replying as I will be doing something more useful with my time than arguing with you.
Good day sir.
Ninja

October 11, 2006 4:24:30 PM

Quote:
Once again your swell head prevents you from seeing anything other than whats inside your ass. When I said what I did, yes I was talking about how long it takes to, as you say, test the webpages they must be built or "compiled."

Quote:

Good day sir.
Ninja

Must.....resists.....tempation....
October 11, 2006 6:59:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good day sir.
Ninja

Must.....resists.....tempation....

do it man do it,you know it would bfun,youd like to do it ,come on its only a few words :twisted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 11, 2006 10:32:21 PM

Quote:

Linkage!
Whoever they've got naming their processors sucks. Tyler,Taylor? :?

Trailerpark Tammi ?
October 11, 2006 10:48:49 PM

Quote:
You sir, are a fool.

The best conclusion of this thread :trophy:

This happens every time when BaronBS is in the "this thread" wagon.
BTW, you are a bit late on THG. The same author was trolling about the same subject more times:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

Quote:
Good day sir.
Ninja

I disagree on this part. It is fun to frustrate the trolls. Ask Wusy about that, he is an expert of troll feeding :wink:
!