External Temperature monitoring tools.

Mrgreen371

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
I’m looking for a good software hardware combo to monitor temperature. Displaying other information would be a bonus.

By external, I mean – not connected to the case.

Some things I’ve looked at
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard,
Matrix Orbital,
Somethings from here: Controller, Panels, Add-On Cards, etc.

My concern with Matrix Orbital or Logitech G15 is lack of software support. I can write my own code to display the information; the question is getting the information.

I could just use a second monitor, but most of the time I am in full screen game mode.

So if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Just temperature (and fan speeds) would be great, but other system information would be good to. I don't really care about, email, rss or instant messages.

Oh, and I use Windows.

Mrgreen371

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
Your best bet would be a 5.25" Bay temp monitor. Then all you have to do is look down at your case to see the temps. You will just run probes from the unit to the areas you want to monitor.
Here is a good list of your choices.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g34/c137/list/p1/Bay_Devices-Temperature_Monitors.html

My computer will be tucked away and out of site for noise reasons. Which is why I'm looking for an external device. The Logitech G15 is on the top of my list right now, its just a tad pricy and I'm not sure about its software support.