Canon 8000F or Epson 2400 Scanner??

Dear reader,
I like to buy a scanner for digitalizing my negatives so that I don't have
to make a print of every negative (cost saving). I'm hesitating between 2
Canon CanoScan 8000F or Epson Perfection 2400 Photo
Which one would you recommend? Why?

Thans a lot for your response!!

best regards,
Natasja Verbrugge
The Netherlands

"Etienne Jacobs" <etienne.jacobs@tiscali.nl> wrote in message
> Dear reader,
> I like to buy a scanner for digitalizing my negatives so that I don't have
> to make a print of every negative (cost saving). I'm hesitating between 2
> Canon CanoScan 8000F or Epson Perfection 2400 Photo
> Which one would you recommend? Why?
>
> Thans a lot for your response!!
>
> best regards,
> Natasja Verbrugge
> The Netherlands

Dear Natasja,

I would go for the Epson. Why? You can see reviews of both on
www.kieskeurig.nl (search option), the Epson is a winner on many issues over
the Canon.
I have to make the same choice and after long consideration I choose the
Epson.

Good luck.

I have been using a Minolta Dual Scan II for six months and cannot fault it,
either for 35mm negatives or slides. At a max 2,820 dpi it can scan down to
the finest detail and with an unlimited range or user pre-sets it is quick
to use once it is set-up properly.

They appear on Ebay from time to time at around £100 ($180) - an absolute
bargain.

Martin.