Help please $1,400 canadian biuld

Hello I would like to make a new rig, it will be an update from this:
-p4 2.0ghz
-512mb generic ram
-radeon 9600 pro

As in the title budget is $1,400 canadian and these are the stores I will most likley be buying from rbcomputing,pccyber and maybe sprint computers.

I need a processor, motherboard, ram, graphics card, psu. I have an antec superlanboy case, monitor, mouse, speakers and keyboard.

I am leaning towards core 2 duo and there will be no overclocking involved. Because of my monitor screen size (17'') a very high end graphics card wont be needed but I mostly play games and would like to have every detail on high for most games if possible. If you can get 2 gigs of generic ram into the biuld it would be great. Installing will be no problem but I would like the parts stable and reliable.

Show me what you can create and thanks for looking!
5 answers Last reply
More about help canadian biuld
  1. Hello. I live in England so am unfamiliar with the companies you refer to, or their pricing. I think your budget is around £666.00 (oh no, not that number...) so here's what you could get in UK for that:

Core2Duo E6400: £150.00;
    2Gb branded PC6400 cas5: £180.00;
    ABit AW9D motherboard: £130.00;
    500W PSU (loads to choose from): £55.00;
    512Mb MSI 7900GTO: £180.00;

Total: £695.00.

A bit over your budget but you could easily play around with it and save a bit here and there.

Graphics card should enable you to play most current games on high settings (my 7800GT certainly does. Please not though that DirectX 10 cards are just around the corner (Nvidia due to launch one at the end of this month), so you might want to wait a few months until a good range of them are out. Also, an ATI card may be better value..... someone recommended a 256Mb 1900XT the other day, but I have no experience of them. Hope I've been some use.
  2. Quote:
    Hello I would like to make a new rig, it will be an update from this:
    -p4 2.0ghz
    -512mb generic ram
    -radeon 9600 pro

As in the title budget is $1,400 canadian and these are the stores I will most likley be buying from rbcomputing,pccyber and maybe sprint computers.

I need a processor, motherboard, ram, graphics card, psu. I have an antec superlanboy case, monitor, mouse, speakers and keyboard.

I am leaning towards core 2 duo and there will be no overclocking involved. Because of my monitor screen size (17'') a very high end graphics card wont be needed but I mostly play games and would like to have every detail on high for most games if possible. If you can get 2 gigs of generic ram into the biuld it would be great. Installing will be no problem but I would like the parts stable and reliable.

Show me what you can create and thanks for looking!

$1400 CAD eh? let see here!
    I am going to use Memory Express for all prices. Know them. Love them.
    Core2 Duo E6300
    Mushkin HP2 PC2-5300 2GB
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 motherboard
    250 Seagate 7200.10 hard drive
    Sapphire Radeon X1900 GT 256MB
    NEC - Mitsubishi ND-3550A DVD Burner
    Antec P180 Case
    Antec TruePower 2.0 550W

Comes to $1439... so close!
  3. Your Antec Superlanboy is a great case and I'd go with that.
    Go with shadowduck's list only drop the P180 case and get the E6400 CPU since you won't be overclocking.
  4. Hey, my setup cost $1300 cdn from canadacomputers.

Not including the videocard but including the case and a 450w power supply.

So you could probably get a similar setup with a 500 w power supply for your lanboy, unless you already have one and a geforce 7600gt, not sure how much gaming you want? If you do want gaming spend an extra $130 and get the 7900 gt.

I know you said you dont want to overclock, but once you've upgraded the bios its as easy as 123.

1. You can get this computer to about 2.5 ghz no voltage changes.

2. You can get it to 2.8 ghz with minimum voltage changes, and not alot of heat. If you really aren't into overclocking this is probably the highest you may want to go because its such a minor increase.

3. You can get to 3.0 ghz with a litle more power, even 3.2ghz. At this mark what you are doing is you are building yourself a $3000 cdn performance computer for $1400. I'll even give you what my voltages are.

The gigabyte motherboard, (once updated to v1.4) or later using the @bios utility in the gigabyte directory, is crashproof, if you mess up and the computer won't start it will automatically restart itself with automatic settings of 2.13ghz, which is what you want anyways. So it doesn't hurt to try!
  5. Thank you so much everybody, I will be gaming alot (fps) and dont know if I will wait until the second generation dx10 graphics cards. I have a 320 gb harddrive wich I use now so I think I can put it in the new rig and not spend more money. I will now see if the parts are avaible to me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Graphics Cards Systems