Omnipage Pro 14 Won't update

Omnipage Pro 14 won't update, anybody figured how to get it done??
8 answers Last reply
More about omnipage update

    "TravNo9" <travaline@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > Omnipage Pro 14 won't update, anybody figured how to get it done??

    As far as I know Omnipage Pro 14 is the latest version.

    It is less than one year old.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    C> As far as I know Omnipage Pro 14 is the latest version.

    C> It is less than one year old.

    It is the latest version, but it has a service pack upgrade that corrects
    lots of bugs. One that I'm experiencing is corrected in the service pack.
    The problem is the update process must be done through the program, online,
    and it doesn't work. 11500 communications error is all you get. This
    experience is universal, not isolated. The tech support for Scansoft is fee
    based right from the start $9,95 per incident. This is not fair, as the
    problem is theirs, not their consumers.
    I was hoping someone had figured out the solution.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    > C> As far as I know Omnipage Pro 14 is the latest version.
    >
    > C> It is less than one year old.
    >
    > It is the latest version, but it has a service pack upgrade that corrects
    > lots of bugs. One that I'm experiencing is corrected in the service pack.
    > The problem is the update process must be done through the program,
    online,
    > and it doesn't work. 11500 communications error is all you get. This
    > experience is universal, not isolated. The tech support for Scansoft is
    fee
    > based right from the start $9,95 per incident. This is not fair, as the
    > problem is theirs, not their consumers.
    > I was hoping someone had figured out the solution.

    Price in support is $19.95 USD, but you get one free incident. (Do not call
    support unless necessary!

    Downloads can be found here. Just select the correct options and you will be
    taken the a page of downloads for Omnipage Pro.
    http://support.scansoft.com/downloads/default.asp

    The upgrade for Omnipage Pro 14 is through the program only.

    If you are using dialup, connect to your ISP first, then run Omnipage Pro 14
    and update.

    From ScanSoft Support:
    Information:

    This document contains information about ScanSoft OmniPage Pro 14 Service
    Pack 1 and ScanSoft PDF Printer Service Pack 1 (included with the Office
    Edition).

    These updates are available for download through the ScanSoft Update
    Service. The ScanSoft Update Service is an automatic update service included
    with OmniPage Pro 14. To open the ScanSoft Update Service, do the following:

    1.. Click on "Help > ScanSoft on the Web > Get Latest Update".
    2.. When the Update Service opens, click "Show Updates" then click "Add"
    on any of the available Service Pack(s) as desired.
    3.. Click the "Next" button and then use the "Download" button to save the
    Service Pack(s) to the computer.
    4.. Once downloaded, double-click the Service Pack to install them (one at
    a time). Please be sure to close out of all open applications before
    installing the Service Pack(s), except the service pack download.
    Note: If the "Install Now" button is used instead of the "Download" button,
    a message may appear stating that all open applications should be closed
    before continuing the installation. All applications can be closed except
    for the "Update Service" Internet Explorer Window. The Service Pack(s) can
    be successfully installed with this window open by pressing the "Ignore"
    button, however all other applications including OmniPage Pro 14 must be
    closed.

    The OmniPage Pro 14 installation CD is required to install the Service
    Pack(s). If OmniPage Pro 14 was downloaded from our Online Store (Digital
    River), the full download is required to install the Service Pack(s). Please
    extract the OmniPage Pro 14 download to a folder on the computer. When the
    installation of the Service Pack(s) ask for the OmniPage Pro 14 CD, click
    the "Browse" button and select the folder in which the extracted OmniPage
    Pro 14 download is located. Click OK and the installation should proceed
    without a problem.

    ****** IMPORTANT: THE SERVICE PACK IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE FROM WITHIN OMNIPAGE
    PRO 14. THIS TECHNOTE DOES NOT HAVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD A PATCH ******

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

> [...]

    C> Service
    C> Pack(s). If OmniPage Pro 14 was downloaded from our Online Store
    C> (Digital
    C> River), the full download is required to install the Service Pack(s).
    C> Please
    C> extract the OmniPage Pro 14 download to a folder on the computer.
    C> When the
    C> installation of the Service Pack(s) ask for the OmniPage Pro 14 CD,
    C> click
    C> the "Browse" button and select the folder in which the extracted
    C> OmniPage
    C> Pro 14 download is located. Click OK and the installation should
    C> proceed
    C> without a problem.
    C> ****** IMPORTANT: THE SERVICE PACK IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE FROM WITHIN
    C>
    C> OMNIPAGE
    C> PRO 14. THIS TECHNOTE DOES NOT HAVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD A PATCH

    Thanks for the info I've read it myself over and over as have many others(
    in the scansoft forum ). Here is the problem you can't get the update
    service to open (your step #1) you get the error code 11500 communication
    error.
    You just can't get to first base.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    In article <IOGdnX4Hy7pUqULdRVn-sw@comcast.com>, travaline@prodigy.net
    says...

    >Thanks for the info I've read it myself over and over as have many others(
    >in the scansoft forum ). Here is the problem you can't get the update
    >service to open (your step #1) you get the error code 11500 communication
    >error.

    I dont know about that situation, but I have encountered several situations
    where various programs were unable to access the internet via proxy,
    meaning that any popup stopper or firewall type software must be disabled
    first, then they work. Seems like the first thing to check.

    --
    Wayne
    http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

> [...]
    > C> click
    > C> the "Browse" button and select the folder in which the extracted
    > C> OmniPage
    > C> Pro 14 download is located. Click OK and the installation should
    > C> proceed
    > C> without a problem.
    > C> ****** IMPORTANT: THE SERVICE PACK IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE FROM WITHIN
    > C>
    > C> OMNIPAGE
    > C> PRO 14. THIS TECHNOTE DOES NOT HAVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD A PATCH
    > C> ******
    >

    > C> --
    > C> CSM1
    > C> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > C> --
    >
    > Thanks for the info I've read it myself over and over as have many others(
    > in the scansoft forum ). Here is the problem you can't get the update
    > service to open (your step #1) you get the error code 11500 communication

    Maybe uninstall OmniPage 14, Reboot, Install OmniPage 14.

    You may have a bad install.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

> [...]

    >> C> proceed
    >> C> without a problem.
    >> C> ****** IMPORTANT: THE SERVICE PACK IS ONLY ACCESSIBLE FROM WITHIN
    >> C>
    >> C> OMNIPAGE
    >> C> PRO 14. THIS TECHNOTE DOES NOT HAVE A LINK TO DOWNLOAD A PATCH
    >> C> ******

    >> C> --
    >> C> CSM1
    >> C> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    >> C> --

    >> Thanks for the info I've read it myself over and over as have many
    >> others(
    >> in the scansoft forum ). Here is the problem you can't get the update
    >> service to open (your step #1) you get the error code 11500
    >> communication
    >> error.
    >> You just can't get to first base.

    C> Maybe uninstall OmniPage 14, Reboot, Install OmniPage 14.

    On Scansofts forums at their website, this has been done by many people to
    no avail.
    The software works great. It just interferes with a few other programs.
    reading the service pack description, these thing are corrected with the
    service pack.
    This problem is wide spread. It is not isolated.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    The update service worked as advertised today. I just got the updates and
    the bugs were repaired.
    I didn't do anything different, today it just decided to work.

Scanners Peripherals