If I decide to install a larger HDD how do I transfer the shop pre-installed
OP System, XP Home, to the new drive,

TIA Andy

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You check the web site of the drive manufacturer and download their software
that will allow you to do what you want. May also be on a CD that could come
in the box with the drive.

"laroffie" <laroffie@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> If I decide to install a larger HDD how do I transfer the shop
> pre-installed
> OP System, XP Home, to the new drive,
>
> TIA Andy

peter

Or you leave the first alone and attach the 2nd drive as a slave to the first.
All machines nowadays have 2 EIDE/IDE controllers on the MotherBoard and each
one can control 2 drives.
peter