Hey there I was wondering if anyone could help me

sresener

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Okay i recently put a sapphire theatrix 550 in my htpc. the problems I am having is when watching tv in media center after 10 min it starts stumbling then gets worse and worse untill the video freezes. Now the computer doesnt crash I can simply back out restart media center and it does it all over again.

the rest of my system is a A8R32-MVP Deluxe, a couple ati x1900 in crossfire a couple gigs of ocz memory and a auzentech xplosion.

So far I have changed my memory
put the tuner in another couple computers and it worked fine
updated my bios
un over clocked everything
tried onboard sound
removed one x1900
then tried it with a x1300 i had in another computer which worked fine with the tv tuner
reinstalled windows
changed hardrives
did every update
tried 4 different dvd decoders
updated every driver to the most current
the computer plays dvd's fine

If anyone can give me some good ideas i would appreciate it

4745454b

Titan
I think the clue is that it works with an x1300. Either it doesn't work with the x1900, or there is a power problem. I don't think its a power issue if it failed to run with only one x1900. 2 x1900s should draw way more power then a single x1900 and the 550. I'd shoot a question to ATI and ask them.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi
maby this card is not capable to play with mce editions.
check if there is a special software for mce edition,like drives or software.
many card are not perfom well in mce.
if i recomand you to use other version of windows, like xp.

Mobius

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
Definitely a memory leak.

Check memory usage when performance turns to custard.

Then complain like fury to the vendor. If they won't issue you a patch, return the card for a full refund as "not suitable for the purpose for which it was sold".

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Definitely a memory leak.

Check memory usage when performance turns to custard.

Then complain like fury to the vendor. If they won't issue you a patch, return the card for a full refund as "not suitable for the purpose for which it was sold".
Yeah... it sounds like you have done everything you can from your end, so you really need to put some pressure on the vendor.

sresener

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
hey guys i guess i wasnt completly clear it worked with the x1300 in a different computer but not with the x1300 in this computer.
My temps are fine and im running a 700watt fortron epsilon powersupply.
The computer also has no problems gaming for hours or watching dvd's
Also the computer doesnt lock up or act slow when this happens the tv finally stops then i just press stop then restart media center. I would assume if it was a memory leak the computer act slow or even crash.

thelvyn

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
No when you close the app xp is releasing the memory. Doesnt mean its not leaking. Xp tracks the allocations and releases when the app closes regardless of whether or not the app released on exit.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
A good way to see if it is a memory leak is to just monitor your resources while watching TV until it gets slow. You can either watch the Performance tab in the task manager, or log it with the Performance MMC.

For Performance MMC go to Administrative Tools -> Performance. Press Ctrl+ I (or click plus), and add a counter with following parameters: Performance Object type="Memory", counter="Available MBytes". You will have to change the graph to meet your needs. Right click on the background and select Properties. Go to "graph" tab, and change the Vertical Scale Numbers Maximum to be 2000 (for roughly 2GB) or whatever is right for your system (which will make the line show up in a more appropriate spot).

If you want to log this stuff directly to file, expand Performance Logs and Alerts, and select Counter Logs. Create a new "Log Setting" and use roughly the same procedures outlined above to create a log file.

I hope this info helps!

sresener

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Hey i finally figured it out. I wanted to watch a hockey game on the projector so I connected another media computer. It worked fine but the sound would kick out ever 30 seconds or so but it didnt affect the video playback. Well I knew that computer worked fine so I got rid of a cheap cable splitter and voila no more video lock ups
For the life of me I dont know why that would cause that but im just glad I figured it out.

TRENDING THREADS