Hardware that we all like

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
OK boys .... we all saw what you hate most .....
lets see what you like most ......

i`ll start

LG-dvd rw...great stuff...not even one failed ....i`m talking expecially lg4163...lg4160......

lg10ah..and lg20ah..are too new too see whether they are reliable or not

ok next..

seagate baracuda 7200.x series ...good stuff.....few of them came back but overall they are good enough....
also the new wd stuff is very good too...wd2500js or ks are good enough and reliable...

i adore the his ice-q stuff .....mine is not ice-q but still a his brand

sony trinitron

gigabyte mobos...they are well cooled and well build

and the list could continue ...but ..i want to hear you guys too :mrgreen: ...what`s you favourite brand or piece of hardware ....also give same reasons ..why that and not samething else

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
MSI NX6800GT
Man that was a nice video card, loved that thing to death was able to clock passed a Ultra card.

Amd64 San diego 4000+ 1mb cache (crazy mofo :) )
OCZ Gold Series 2x512 2-2-2-5 timings able to do 235-245 its some of the best ram ive had my hands on Ram voltage being 3.2v Yeah there hungry mofos just like TCCD samsung ram.
Lets see...
Ocz Modstream 520w, super nice psu

ATI Brand x1800xl 256mb great card ive had before.

DFI Lan Party Ultra-D - Man if you like bios options this board will give you options for stuff i dont even know what they mean.

IF anyone says the 7950gx2 sucks ill kill them, i havent owned one but that card is like the 6800ultra its a Epic card.

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
yes Seagate Hard drives are excellent, 6 years old and still goin strong mine is!

Crucial RAM

word..
seagate are well known for that ...

when it cames to old drives .... the one that got away...will live long...

as for the new ones ... i can say that all of them are quite reliable.....maxtor was bought by seagate 8O ...
the faulty ones were either dead ...or fell in minutes..

hardware that i like also:
Hyper psu units.......solid build...nice cable sleeving...great performance .....and i quess what i like the most at this piece of hardware is the power off component protection capability

cooled memory modules.......(many good brands included in here) the metalic cage not only cools the modules but also protects them from mechanical damage

lga775 cage......great ideea..... :wink: ...you can place the cooler in any position ...(square).....unlike socket 462 ..which killed a lot of cpu`s..many inserted the cooler in the wrong position and smashed the exposed die pad of the cpu....

will be back...as soon as i can remember other things that i like ... :p

rupert86

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
1. MSI KM4M-L. V. good budget board w/ AGP 8x slot (of course killer slot for the AMD Barton days), and is generally faster than my MSI K8N Neo + Palermo. By faster I mean more responsive to mouseclick on the 'My Computer'.

2. Kingston ValueRAM. We've sold thousands in the past 8 years and never had to replace one (they give a 5 yr warrantee so see how longlife they are). I'm an engineering student and they teach us stats and probabs so I find it very hard to imagine how efficient their manufacturing line or the effectivity of QC team is.

3. Celeron 300. OCed like hell (on stock cooling).

4. The Intel 440BX chipset. Usu paired up with the abovesaid Celly.

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
GF 6600 i have played on many different company makes of this card and the are always great.. for an old midrange card it is the greatest. i still play games on high!
also yes my Seagate is old and still works great :)

Jinx13

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Since no one else pointed it out already, I have never loved anything like my opty 165. Great chip.

I also never thought I would enjoy a keyboard as much as my G15. And the whole line of Logitech gaming mice.

TBlaar

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
my hardware loves...

seagate harddrives
gigabyte motherboards
corsair memory
intel :D
viewsonic monitors

have worked with, sold and own them...

never a disappointing moment (touch wood)

For those of us on tight budgets:

* AMD Barton & 64's, until C2D came out
* Corsair Value ram (I know not everyone likes them, but I've installed in 7 different rigs and haven't had one fail)
* Raidmax cases w/PSU's (haven't had one fail yet, guess I'm lucky)
* ASUS/Gigabyte motherboards, Chaintech for barton core wasn't the best I have had (1st build in 2003)
* Powercolor 9600xt, Saphire (spelling) 9800 pro and x1800xt
* Liteon DVD and CD-R drives

finles

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Apple ][ Plus / Apple IIe

I grew up on this one, my parents kept various ][ pluses and IIes running with a green screen for 18 years. before upgrading to a P100 in '96 (it was months before I stopped saving stuff on floppys and figured out I could use the HDD for that). It had hundreds of games to play, like Karateka & Moon Patrol, and some good solid office applications, like Bank Street Writer. Nice work Steve.

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Hardware that i love :

Processor ? I've changed too much. I just love the speed.

RAM, if i'm not wrong on name i think it's VSSburst CAS 2 128 SDRAM.

Aopen mobo with its famous unbeatable Intel 440BX chipset.

Voodoo3 3000 AGP 4x and GeForce4 MX 440.

Creative Live! Soundcard

Quantum KA 18.2 GB 7200 RPM with its "breathing" hole. This HDD is a real jet engine when its just spin the platters. And it still alive 'till now.

Teac 4x burner without BurnProof. I throw lots of unsuccesfull CD because of this but i learn how to make backups.

Canon CCD scanner which is take lots of place on my table and Canon BJ210 printer.

LG Studioworks 563N 15" monitor and MAG 986PF 19" Monitor.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
-Mobile Athlon XP
-Athlon 64s (especially 1M cache ones, like mine)
-P4 Northwoods (especially the 800MHz FSB models)
-Pentium M (start of the Core architecture)
-Pentium 3 (predecessor of teh Core architecture)
-65nm Celeron D (4GHz+ on stock cooling)
-65nm Celeron M (Core Solo with less L2 cache)
-9700/9800Pro (amazing in its prime; still plays any game out there)
-7300GT GDDR3 (amazing for the price; too bad it disappeared from newegg)
-Cheap X1800XTs
-Voodoo5 5500 (Two GPU's on one card. In the year 2000.)
-Seagate HDDs
-Floppy Drives

exarrkun

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
always been a fan of DFI mobo's
(hoping that their nforce 590 intel will be good :p )

indeed seagate owns

just got the MX revolution for my birthday (yes it's today!! 8) :wink: )
and it ROCKS

love my samsung syncmaster lcd screen

1. MSI KM4M-L. V. good budget board w/ AGP 8x slot (of course killer slot for the AMD Barton days), and is generally faster than my MSI K8N Neo + Palermo. By faster I mean more responsive to mouseclick on the 'My Computer'.

2. Kingston ValueRAM. We've sold thousands in the past 8 years and never had to replace one (they give a 5 yr warrantee so see how longlife they are). I'm an engineering student and they teach us stats and probabs so I find it very hard to imagine how efficient their manufacturing line or the effectivity of QC team is.

3. Celeron 300. OCed like hell (on stock cooling).

4. The Intel 440BX chipset. Usu paired up with the abovesaid Celly.

Ah yes, number 3 and 4 are the sweet spot.
I remember my Abit BH6, (Intel 440BX) Celeron 300A @ 450 mhz.
Faster than a Pentium II @ 450mhz, and cost 1/3 as much.
Stock cooling, ran cool and solid, those had to be the best piece of hardware/perfomance/price ratio deal of all time.
Those were the days!

mpohl727

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
An Oldie but a goodie.

I always liked my old SOYO Dragon+ for the Socket A Platform. Worked well raid built on. Just a nice solid board (for me anyway...no OC or anything crazy)

My older Sony CD-RW ...it was only 8X when i bought it in 99' and it actually still works to this day (although bundled with crap software)

mpohl727

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
-floppy drives ??

Funny story.... have a plethora of old floppy drives runnin around....but went to do some bios flashing on a system that wasnt working....NO FLOPPIES looked all over the house...and not a floppy to be found.

shata

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Hardware that i love :

Processor ? I've changed too much. I just love the speed.

RAM, if i'm not wrong on name i think it's VSSburst CAS 2 128 SDRAM.

Aopen mobo with its famous unbeatable Intel 440BX chipset.

Voodoo3 3000 AGP 4x and GeForce4 MX 440.

Creative Live! Soundcard

Quantum KA 18.2 GB 7200 RPM with its "breathing" hole. This HDD is a real jet engine when its just spin the platters. And it still alive 'till now.

Teac 4x burner without BurnProof. I throw lots of unsuccesfull CD because of this but i learn how to make backups.

Canon CCD scanner which is take lots of place on my table and Canon BJ210 printer.

LG Studioworks 563N 15" monitor and MAG 986PF 19" Monitor.

Speaking of voodoo cards
My voodoo2 3dfx was pretty sweet back in the day

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
Yeah, Voodoo was the one before.
If i remember well with Voodoo5 with its dual GPU (i didn't buy it though, my friend did, it costs too much) you really need to change your casing just to put this card. It was a huge card.

Floppy disk/drive ? Yes, a 1.44MB floppy. I love this hardware, i think everybody love it too. It's the only hardware who can exist for nearly 20 years in the history of PC.

Athlon XP-M CPU - It served me well, moved it over to my HTPC since I have a C2D system now

IBM Deskstar 75GXP 60GB - A.K.A. the IBM "Deathstar" from 2000. It never gave me problems and I'm still using it.

Seasonic S12 500 - Great PSU. Quiet & Efficient.

Planar PX191 LCD - Not a gamer's LCD (16ms - 20ms response time GTG) , but I like it a lot. I don't think any company can beat their product support policy. I'm hoping they will release a 20" or 21" LCD in their PX line.

Corsiar RAM - Never let me down.

megame255

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
I always liked my XP2800 that worked great for me for almost 3 years and still runs well enough for my brother now.
My old 200GB seagate has never let me down and my Logitech mx518 mouse also rocks.
As far as newer stuff goes, my 19" Samsung LCD does the job nicely.

sprite

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I also loved my P3 800 and GeForce 256 (not 256 mb ;)) Strangely it ran games better than my mates FX5600, i think his card was bust though :p