TheLearner

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Hi all,

I am new this biz, so I will be needing a lot of help.

I have an extra WLAN router (Linksys 54MB, with 4 ports Ethernet & 1 port DSL). Few months ago, all the four ethernet ports stopped working. I talked to their lousy support and bought US Robotics WLAN after getting no help from Linksys.

Now I opened the Linksys box, and there is a PCMCIA card that I am thinking about using it on a laptop as a WiFI client. I did dismantled the PCMCIA from the router and plugged it one of my laptops but it was not ever recognized.

Can someone help me, what is not going right here. Why my laptop is not recognizing the PCMCIA card as a wifi client/AP?

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

mkaibear

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
No, not really.

Which card do you have? It's likely they use a variety of different cards and it may not be possible to get a driver.

Look at the card. Write down any model numbers or stuff you can see - then google for the drivers!

Isnt that just the internal Radio card inside the router? The interface may be PCMCIA, but the card shouldnt be.

Well as the poster above mentioned, just keep googling strings of numbers on the card untill you get a responce that loooks like what you expect.