Epson 1650 can't find B&W negatives (usually)

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 2, 2004 12:11:26 AM

When I'm scanning B&W 35mm negatives on my 1650, it typically can't find
the frames on the negative, especially if the background of the photo is
dark and it's hard to tell where one frame ends and the next begins. Is
there some way to manually select the area on the negative that I want it
to scan?

Thanks in advance for any help -

Cad
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 9:01:01 PM

Cad Lackey <whatthe@hotmail.com> wrote in

> When I'm scanning B&W 35mm negatives on my 1650, it typically can't
> find the frames on the negative, especially if the background of the
> photo is dark and it's hard to tell where one frame ends and the next
> begins. Is there some way to manually select the area on the negative
> that I want it to scan?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help -
>
> Cad

One of the other threads answered my question - they said to use Vuescan
which does indeed do what I want...
!