Epson 1650 can't find B&W negatives (usually)

When I'm scanning B&W 35mm negatives on my 1650, it typically can't find
the frames on the negative, especially if the background of the photo is
dark and it's hard to tell where one frame ends and the next begins. Is
there some way to manually select the area on the negative that I want it
to scan?

Thanks in advance for any help -

Cad
1 answer Last reply
More about epson 1650 find negatives usually

    Cad Lackey <whatthe@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > When I'm scanning B&W 35mm negatives on my 1650, it typically can't
    > find the frames on the negative, especially if the background of the
    > photo is dark and it's hard to tell where one frame ends and the next
    > begins. Is there some way to manually select the area on the negative
    > that I want it to scan?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help -
    >
    > Cad

    One of the other threads answered my question - they said to use Vuescan
    which does indeed do what I want...

Scanners Epson Peripherals