Am I getting my hopes up for nothing?

I think I might actually make it to level 35 of Illusen's Quest. I just
finished level 33 and she only asked for an item worth about 24,000 NP.
Most of the items she's asked for have been fairly costly (for me) but all
under about 30,000. Is she going to suddenly ask for unbuyables on level 34
or 35? Last time I think I only made it to level 30 before she asked for an
unbuyable, but at this rate I might actually make a profit on the honey
potion!!!
16 answers Last reply
More about hopes nothing

    "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I think I might actually make it to level 35 of Illusen's Quest. I just
    >finished level 33 and she only asked for an item worth about 24,000 NP.
    >Most of the items she's asked for have been fairly costly (for me) but all
    >under about 30,000. Is she going to suddenly ask for unbuyables on level
    >34 or 35?

    She likely will. I have flunked out at level 34 and 35 more than a few times
    now so I just don't do them now.

    Gareeth

    > "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I think I might actually make it to level 35 of Illusen's Quest. I just
    >>finished level 33 and she only asked for an item worth about 24,000 NP.
    >>Most of the items she's asked for have been fairly costly (for me) but all
    >>under about 30,000. Is she going to suddenly ask for unbuyables on level
    >>34 or 35?
    >
    > She likely will. I have flunked out at level 34 and 35 more than a few
    > times now so I just don't do them now.
    >
    > Gareeth

    Crud! Well I've wasted enough NP now that I might as well give it a shot.
    Its that or start trying to feed Kadoties. I don't want to think about what
    it will cost me to try for that avatar.

    Gareeth wrote:

    > "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I think I might actually make it to level 35 of Illusen's Quest. I just
    >>finished level 33 and she only asked for an item worth about 24,000 NP.
    >>Most of the items she's asked for have been fairly costly (for me) but all
    >>under about 30,000. Is she going to suddenly ask for unbuyables on level
    >>34 or 35?
    >
    > She likely will. I have flunked out at level 34 and 35 more than a few times
    > now so I just don't do them now.

    Ditto.

    --
    Neopets! It's FREE! Create and care for a virtual pet, explore,
    play games and more!

    On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:50:00 -0800, "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I think I might actually make it to level 35 of Illusen's Quest. I just
    >finished level 33 and she only asked for an item worth about 24,000 NP.

    It's been a long time since I tried Illusen, so I forget my exact
    levels... 30-something tho... it was going good, not too many
    expensive items, at whatever the last one was I completed it was
    something that only cost me around 300NP... then I was hit with
    something completely unbuyable. This was before avatars existed, so
    even tho I'm not really a collector, I've been thinking about trying
    to get that just to have some goal on the site for a while. Oh got off
    track - my point was, you never know with that ;-) My last item was
    probably way cheaper than it "should" have been, and then after
    that...

    - Nichole

    LOL.. I have Illusen's avvie and I am at level 25. Most I have spent was a
    10K cloud pillow, which was the avvie level. Beyond that I havent spent
    more than 2500

    > "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >>I think I might actually make it to level 35 of Illusen's Quest. I just
    > >>finished level 33 and she only asked for an item worth about 24,000 NP.
    > >>Most of the items she's asked for have been fairly costly (for me) but
    all
    > >>under about 30,000. Is she going to suddenly ask for unbuyables on
    level
    > >>34 or 35?
    > >
    > > She likely will. I have flunked out at level 34 and 35 more than a few
    > > times now so I just don't do them now.
    > >
    > > Gareeth
    >
    > Crud! Well I've wasted enough NP now that I might as well give it a shot.
    > Its that or start trying to feed Kadoties. I don't want to think about
    what
    > it will cost me to try for that avatar.

    Well I would bet that it gets more expensive soon. But if not.... well
    pooey on you ; )

    "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > LOL.. I have Illusen's avvie and I am at level 25. Most I have spent was
    > 10K cloud pillow, which was the avvie level. Beyond that I havent spent
    > more than 2500
    >

    > "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > all
    > level
    >> >
    >> > She likely will. I have flunked out at level 34 and 35 more than a few
    >> > times now so I just don't do them now.
    >> >
    >> > Gareeth
    >>
    >> Crud! Well I've wasted enough NP now that I might as well give it a
    >> shot.
    >> Its that or start trying to feed Kadoties. I don't want to think about
    > what
    >> it will cost me to try for that avatar.

    Quest #26 - Pale Elixir - 1 NP

    > Quest #26 - Pale Elixir - 1 NP

    Showoff : P

    I am halfway to my Illusens Quest avatar. Also, I am just a skootch from
    getting a trophy. After my quest today, I was about 30 pts behind the 17th
    place person. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up while half of the people
    ahead of me forget to perform a quest or something. Had I realized that the
    scores were reset to zero on the first of the month, I would have been able
    to get a silver. At about 8 am or so, I did my quest and I was in 7th
    place. About 45 min too late for the trophy. Oh well. I suppose I could
    wait until next month to try again, but why do that when I can get it ASAP.

    As far as what things have cost, nothing expensive yet, nothing over 900NP
    (that was what today's cost). I hope I am able to get to the 20th level
    unscathed.

    --
    http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki

    > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > Quest #26 - Pale Elixir - 1 NP
    > >

    > Showoff : P

    I know I asked this before, but do you only get on the trophy list once you
    fail to complete a quest? I mean the top score is liek 5000 points and I am
    at over 40,000...

    "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > I am halfway to my Illusens Quest avatar. Also, I am just a skootch from
    > getting a trophy. After my quest today, I was about 30 pts behind the
    17th
    > place person. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up while half of the
    people
    > ahead of me forget to perform a quest or something. Had I realized that
    the
    > scores were reset to zero on the first of the month, I would have been
    able
    > to get a silver. At about 8 am or so, I did my quest and I was in 7th
    > place. About 45 min too late for the trophy. Oh well. I suppose I could
    > wait until next month to try again, but why do that when I can get it
    ASAP.

    > As far as what things have cost, nothing expensive yet, nothing over 900NP
    > (that was what today's cost). I hope I am able to get to the 20th level
    > unscathed.
    >
    > --
    > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    >
    > "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > > Quest #26 - Pale Elixir - 1 NP
    > > >

    > > Showoff : P

    No- your score reverts to zero at the beginning of every month. Your high
    score of 40k was the best you had at the end of a month. If you were to go
    to the illusen's high score list, you would see your name somewhere. Better
    yet, the next time you go to do a quest, look for your score before you say
    you will take the quest.

    --
    > I know I asked this before, but do you only get on the trophy list once
    you
    > fail to complete a quest? I mean the top score is liek 5000 points and I
    am
    > at over 40,000...
    >

    > "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > > I am halfway to my Illusens Quest avatar. Also, I am just a skootch
    from
    > > getting a trophy. After my quest today, I was about 30 pts behind the
    > 17th
    > > place person. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up while half of the
    > people
    > > ahead of me forget to perform a quest or something. Had I realized that
    > the
    > > scores were reset to zero on the first of the month, I would have been
    > able
    > > to get a silver. At about 8 am or so, I did my quest and I was in 7th
    > > place. About 45 min too late for the trophy. Oh well. I suppose I
    could
    > > wait until next month to try again, but why do that when I can get it
    > ASAP.
    > >
    > > As far as what things have cost, nothing expensive yet, nothing over
    900NP
    > > (that was what today's cost). I hope I am able to get to the 20th level
    > > unscathed.
    > >
    > > --
    > > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    > >
    > > "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > > >

    > > > Showoff : P

    Thanks, I was confused...

    > No- your score reverts to zero at the beginning of every month. Your high
    > score of 40k was the best you had at the end of a month. If you were to
    go
    > to the illusen's high score list, you would see your name somewhere.
    Better
    > yet, the next time you go to do a quest, look for your score before you
    say
    > you will take the quest.
    >
    > --
    > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > I know I asked this before, but do you only get on the trophy list once
    > you
    > > fail to complete a quest? I mean the top score is liek 5000 points and
    > am
    > > at over 40,000...
    > >

    > > "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > > > I am halfway to my Illusens Quest avatar. Also, I am just a skootch
    > from
    > > > getting a trophy. After my quest today, I was about 30 pts behind the
    > > 17th
    > > > place person. Hopefully, I will be able to keep up while half of the
    > > people
    > > > ahead of me forget to perform a quest or something. Had I realized
    that
    > > the
    > > > scores were reset to zero on the first of the month, I would have been
    > > able
    > > > to get a silver. At about 8 am or so, I did my quest and I was in 7th
    > > > place. About 45 min too late for the trophy. Oh well. I suppose I
    > could
    > > > wait until next month to try again, but why do that when I can get it
    > > ASAP.
    > > >
    > > > As far as what things have cost, nothing expensive yet, nothing over
    > 900NP
    > > > (that was what today's cost). I hope I am able to get to the 20th
    level
    > > > unscathed.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    > > >
    > > > "S" <spultz@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    I wish there was a way to find your current score at any time, though.
    After you have completed a quest, the only places to find a score are the
    top 100 list and your high score table. But what if your score is not high
    ewnough to make any of the lists? You have to wait until you are eligible
    for another quest.

    --
    > Thanks, I was confused...
    >

    > "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > > No- your score reverts to zero at the beginning of every month. Your
    high
    > > score of 40k was the best you had at the end of a month. If you were to
    > go
    > > to the illusen's high score list, you would see your name somewhere.
    > Better
    > > yet, the next time you go to do a quest, look for your score before you
    > say
    > > you will take the quest.
    > >
    > > --
    > > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    > > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > > I know I asked this before, but do you only get on the trophy list
    once
    > > you
    > > > fail to complete a quest? I mean the top score is liek 5000 points
    and
    > > am
    > > > at over 40,000...
    > > >

    > > > "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > > from
    > > > 17th
    > > > people
    > that
    > > > the
    > > > able
    > > could
    > > > ASAP.

    > > 900NP
    > level

    I thought it was under your "top scores" list for games. Thats where I have
    been checking...

    > I wish there was a way to find your current score at any time, though.
    > After you have completed a quest, the only places to find a score are the
    > top 100 list and your high score table. But what if your score is not
    high
    > ewnough to make any of the lists? You have to wait until you are eligible
    > for another quest.
    >
    > --
    > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > Thanks, I was confused...
    > >

    > > "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > > > No- your score reverts to zero at the beginning of every month. Your
    > high
    > > > score of 40k was the best you had at the end of a month. If you were
    > > go
    > > > to the illusen's high score list, you would see your name somewhere.
    > > Better
    > > > yet, the next time you go to do a quest, look for your score before
    you
    > > say
    > > > you will take the quest.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    > > > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > once
    > > > you
    > and
    > > > am

    > > > from
    > the
    > the
    > > that
    > been
    > 7th
    > > > could
    > it

    > > > 900NP
    > > level

    That shows the best you ever did. So if you are in a new month, you won't
    be seeing your current score there.

    --
    > I thought it was under your "top scores" list for games. Thats where I
    have
    > been checking...
    >

    > "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > > I wish there was a way to find your current score at any time, though.
    > > After you have completed a quest, the only places to find a score are
    the
    > > top 100 list and your high score table. But what if your score is not
    > high
    > > ewnough to make any of the lists? You have to wait until you are
    eligible
    > > for another quest.
    > >
    > > --
    > > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    > > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks, I was confused...
    > > >

    > > > "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    Your
    > > high
    > > > go
    > > > Better
    > you
    > > > say

    > > once
    > > and

    > skootch
    > > the
    > > the
    > realized
    > > > that
    > > been
    > > 7th
    > > it

    > over
    > > > level

    Ya, blush, I was just coming back to correct myself!! I wasnt thinking
    about the fact that you probably have higher scores from before... duh!!

    > That shows the best you ever did. So if you are in a new month, you won't
    > be seeing your current score there.
    >
    > --
    > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki
    > "Bodcat1" <bodcat1@yourunderpantsshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > I thought it was under your "top scores" list for games. Thats where I
    > have
    > > been checking...
    > >

    > > "moofenki" <x@xxx.com> wrote in message
    > > > I wish there was a way to find your current score at any time, though.
    > > > After you have completed a quest, the only places to find a score are
    > the
    > > > top 100 list and your high score table. But what if your score is not
    > > high
    > > > ewnough to make any of the lists? You have to wait until you are
    > eligible
    > > > for another quest.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=joufenki