Your question

Reported Shortage of AMD processors?

Last response: in CPUs
October 11, 2006 5:42:27 PM

Quote:
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35004

In Hong Kong, the A64x2 stocks are rare now. :cry: 
I just want an x2 3600+ for my upgrade :cry: 

Dell, Dell, Dell. They will get the first shipments because of their volume. I knew that would happen in that when Intel had shortages Dell was still always well-stocked.

I would say full retail availability will suffer for a month or so as Chartered ramps up and 65nm starts to appear. Though I expect that Dell will get the pick of those too.
October 11, 2006 5:55:46 PM

Quote:

Dell, Dell, Dell. They will get the first shipments because of their volume. I knew that would happen in that when Intel had shortages Dell was still always well-stocked.

I would say full retail availability will suffer for a month or so as Chartered ramps up and 65nm starts to appear. Though I expect that Dell will get the pick of those too.

OEM's like Dell will always get the first pick, as they're buying hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of the chips. The reason that OEM's get such big discounts is because they buy so many of these chips. Enthusiasts like you and me account for some of AMD's sales, but we're nothing compared to Dell.
Related resources
October 11, 2006 6:09:49 PM

x2 3600? I was under the impression the slowest dual core is a x2 3800. Maybe thats only true here in the US.
October 11, 2006 6:11:13 PM

Quote:
x2 3600? I was under the impression the slowest dual core is a x2 3800. Maybe thats only true here in the US.

x2 3600+ specs:
2.0GHz, dual core, 256KB L2 x2

In HK, previously the CPU was selling at about US$120.
October 11, 2006 6:16:01 PM

Quote:

x2 3600+ specs:

Those things went like hotcakes. Dell isn't even advertising them. I would say they mostly find their home in HTPCs.
October 11, 2006 6:22:57 PM

Quote:

CS is at mature stage of 90nm production.
65nm CPUs are dual-core only.

And of AMD notices the shortage NOW, they will need 3 months to solve the problem with CS.
October 11, 2006 7:00:08 PM

Yeah... but... who would want a cr*p CPU like that?
October 11, 2006 7:10:31 PM

Quote:

X2 3600+: 2GHz dual-core, 2x256KB L2
October 11, 2006 7:16:28 PM

Certainly not the ideal situation, but ... this does mean they are selling every processor they can manufacture, right? This means no large inventory of chips, which require warehouse space and would be subject to ad valorem tax at the end of th year, right?
October 11, 2006 9:15:10 PM

Quote:

Someone who doesn't live in Otellini's crack.
October 11, 2006 9:29:45 PM

Quote:

Nope, they have the X2 3600+ on sale at the local Central Computer for $135.
October 11, 2006 9:49:43 PM

Quote:

x2 3600+ specs:

Those things went like hotcakes. Dell isn't even advertising them. I would say they mostly find their home in HTPCs.

Proof???
October 11, 2006 9:51:00 PM

Quote:

Proof????

Or do you you just expect everyone to take this at your word (as usual)
October 11, 2006 9:57:58 PM

There is no proof. Just speculation.
October 11, 2006 10:29:27 PM

Quote:

:wink: I know, I just want to see his response
October 11, 2006 10:46:49 PM

Quote:

Proof????

Go to Dell's site. Or better yet here's a link with Dell stating they are ramping to 30% AMD. That's a HELLUVA LOT OF CHIPS.

Linkage!
October 11, 2006 10:49:04 PM

Quote:

So speculation is illegal now? Elmo you're fired!
:oops: 
October 11, 2006 11:24:43 PM

Quote:

Proof????

Go to Dell's site. Or better yet here's a link with Dell stating they are ramping to 30% AMD. That's a HELLUVA LOT OF CHIPS.

Linkage!
Lol, do you know what "ramping" means?
It means 'buiding up to'
It does not mean 'achieved'
A Dell statement that they are ramping up to 30% AMD indicates absolutely nothing in regards to the context of your statement and is proof of nothing as dell may not have received a single AMD processor yet (though I have litle doubt that they have)

Proof would be along the lines of an article (please not 'The Inq') which states "AMD has shipped XXX,XXX processors to Dell.

Proof is not "Dell said it is building up to..."

Ottengalo? Capisca?

I cant believe you posted that crap. You know better than that.

Still waiting for Proof............. :roll:
October 11, 2006 11:28:44 PM

Quote:

Proof????

Linkage!
It means 'buiding up to'
A Dell statement that they are ramping up to 30% AMD indicates absolutely nothing in regards to the context of your statement and is proof of nothing as dell may not have received a single AMD processor yet (though I have litle doubt that they have)

Proof would be along the lines of an article (please not 'The Inq') which states "AMD has shipped XXX,XXX processors to Dell.

Ottengalo? Capisca?

They have already ordered the chips and their Dimension line is getting a lot of press so the link says what it says, AMD has committed to delivering 20 million chips to them.

The number for this year was reported as 2 million.

If a link doesn't work the problem is you. Especially a link from DigiTimes.
October 11, 2006 11:55:37 PM

Quote:

Proof????

Linkage!
It means 'buiding up to'

Ottengalo? Capisca?

They have already ordered the chips and their Dimension line is getting a lot of press so the link says what it says, AMD has committed to delivering 20 million chips to them.

The number for this year was reported as 2 million.

If a link doesn't work the problem is you. Especially a link from DigiTimes.

Once again baron, this is not proof. This is projection. You have yet to show proof that any chips have been delivered

From the Digitimes article

Quote:
will use up to 20 million of microprocessors by Advanced Micro Devices in 2007, according to a media report citing sources among equipment manufacturers. If the information is correct, AMD’s share among Dell’s systems will be about one third.

Quote:
The investigators believe that Dell may acquire from 1.4 to 2.1 million processors from AMD this year

will1  /wɪl/ present singular 1st person will, 2nd will or (Archaic) wilt, 3rd will, present plural will; past singular 1st person would, 2nd would or (Archaic) wouldst, 3rd would, past plural would; past participle (Obsolete) wold or would; imperative, infinitive, and present participle lacking.

–auxiliary verb 1. am (is, are, etc.) about or going to: I will be there tomorrow. She will see you at dinner.
2. am (is, are, etc.) disposed or willing to: People will do right.
3. am (is, are, etc.) expected or required to: You will report to the principal at once.
4. may be expected or supposed to: You will not have forgotten him. This will be right.
5. am (is, are, etc.) determined or sure to (used emphatically): You would do it. People will talk.
6. am (is, are, etc.) accustomed to, or do usually or often: You will often see her sitting there. He would write for hours at a time.
7. am (is, are, etc.) habitually disposed or inclined to: Boys will be boys. After dinner they would read aloud.
8. am (is, are, etc.) capable of; can: This tree will live without water for three months.
9. am (is, are, etc.) going to: I will bid you “Good night.”
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object) 10. to wish; desire; like: Go where you will. Ask, if you will, who the owner is.

may1  /meɪ/
–auxiliary verb, present singular 1st person may, 2nd may or (Archaic) may‧est or mayst, 3rd may; present plural may; past might.
1. (used to express possibility): It may rain.
2. (used to express opportunity or permission): You may enter.
3. (used to express contingency, esp. in clauses indicating condition, concession, purpose, result, etc.): I may be wrong but I think you would be wise to go. Times may change but human nature stays the same.
4. (used to express wish or prayer): May you live to an old age.
5. Archaic. (used to express ability or power.)

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Now, if you would be so kind as to show proof (hell, at this point Id tak an Inq article) that uses a word like 'has'

has  /hæz; unstressed həz, əz/
–verb a 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of have.

have  /hæv; unstressed həv, əv; for 26 usually hæf/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hav; unstressed huhv, uhv; for 26 usually haf] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb and auxiliary verb, present singular 1st person have, 2nd have or (Archaic) hast, 3rd has or (Archaic) hath, present plural have; past singular 1st person had, 2nd had or (Archaic) hadst or had‧dest, 3rd had, past plural had; past participle had; present participle hav‧ing, noun

–verb (used with object) 1. to possess; own; hold for use; contain: He has property. The work has an index.
2. to hold, possess, or accept in some relation, as of kindred or relative position: He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't have him.
3. to get, receive, or take: to have a part in a play; to have news.
4. to experience, undergo, or endure, as joy or pain: Have a good time. He had a heart attack last year.
5. to hold in mind, sight, etc.: to have doubts.
6. to cause to, as by command or invitation: Have him come here at five.
7. to be related to or be in a certain relation to: She has three cousins. He has a kind boss.
8. to show or exhibit in action or words: She had the crust to refuse my invitation.
9. to be identified or distinguished by; possess the characteristic of: He has a mole on his left cheek. This wood has a silky texture.
10. to engage in or carry on: to have a talk; to have a fight.
11. to partake of; eat or drink: He had cake and coffee for dessert.
12. to permit or allow: I will not have any talking during the concert.
13. to assert, maintain, or represent as being: Rumor has it that she's going to be married.
14. to know, understand, or be skilled in: to have neither Latin nor Greek.
15. to beget or give birth to: to have a baby.
16. to hold an advantage over: He has you there.
17. to outwit, deceive, or cheat: We realized we'd been had by an expert con artist.
18. to control or possess through bribery; bribe.
19. to gain possession of: There is none to be had at that price.
20. to hold or put in a certain position or situation: The problem had me stumped. They had him where they wanted him.
21. to exercise, display, or make use of: Have pity on him.
22. to invite or cause to be present as a companion or guest: We had Evelyn and Everett over for dinner. He has his bodyguard with him at all times.
23. to engage in sexual intercourse with.

Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Are you getting this?

All you've show are 'plans', potential purchases, and preludes.

You have not show numeric evidence that anything has actually been delivered.

Ordering something is not the same as receiving that thing.

Stating that AMD is not having production difficulties because Dell has ordered most of the stock does not prove a thing if you cant show that Dell actually recieved the stock from AMD.

You have yet to show proof that Dell has received anything.

Do you get it?

Surely you are not incapable of understanding the difference between 'ordered' and 'recieved', are you?

Once again, still waiting for proof which you have still failed to provide... :roll:

edit

Did you actually read the article you tried to use as proof? The whole article?
October 12, 2006 12:04:22 AM

Quote:

*sigh* You're such an idiot. You're worse than any of the AMD fanboys. :roll:
October 12, 2006 12:08:04 AM

Go to Dell's site and see what the shipping date is on E521 and C521. They began shipping system late in Sept with the first shipments going out now. That is totally normal for any PC retailer.

And from what I saw earlier than the Core 2 Dimensions.
October 12, 2006 12:19:05 AM

Quote:
Go to Dell's site and see what the shipping date is on E521 and C521. They began shipping system late in Sept with the first shipments going out now. That is totally normal for any PC retailer.

And from what I saw earlier than the Core 2 Dimensions.

This, like the rest of what you’ve shown is absolutely proof of nothing. That Dell is or will be shipping AMD systems is not quantitative. They may have shipped 1. They may have shipped 100000. How many they have shipped Baron...that at least is proof of something.
Show us that number Baron.

If you insist on claiming that Dell is sucking up AMD production, you must show proof. Numbers Baron, numbers. All you’ve shown is plans, predictions and PR.
October 12, 2006 12:22:13 AM

Why do we go over this pointless exercise? The "proof" either will not come or will be quoted out of context more than a politician's speech.
a c 87 à CPUs
a b À AMD
October 12, 2006 12:28:26 AM

I guess in Turpit's world AMD makes 1M+ CPUs in one day, ships them to dell, who then instantly sells them. That would be awesome for AMD, but the truth doesn't come close. AMD needs to make them, test them, then ship THE AGREED UPON AMOUNT TO DELL. If they are going to ship X amount to dell every month (whether or not dell has sold them. do you know the difference between shipped and sold?!?!?) AMD NO LONGER has them in store to sell to someone else. Proof? Again, THERE IS NO PROOF showing what you are looking for. What BM is claiming however makes sense for those who aren't Intel zealots.
October 12, 2006 12:36:40 AM

Quote:
I guess in Turpit's world AMD makes 1M+ CPUs in one day, ships them to dell, who then instantly sells them. That would be awesome for AMD, but the truth doesn't come close. AMD needs to make them, test them, then ship THE AGREED UPON AMOUNT TO DELL. If they are going to ship X amount to dell every month (whether or not dell has sold them. do you know the difference between shipped and sold?!?!?) AMD NO LONGER has them in store to sell to someone else. Proof? Again, THERE IS NO PROOF showing what you are looking for. What BM is claiming however makes sense for those who aren't Intel zealots.

Well, If Im an intel zealot you'd best round up the rest of the horde and hop on over to my house to confiscate my XP3200 and my A64 4000San Diego. The horde cant have Inteliots owning AMDs

Back to your cave.

By the way, if your claim that there is "no proof showing what" Im "looking for" is true, then it is also true that there is no proof for Barons claim. Which nulifies his claim that AMDs are in short supply because dell has sucked them all up. Thank you!! :D  :D 
October 12, 2006 12:40:01 AM

Quote:

Turpit isn't anti intel he's anti BaronMatrix :wink:

BM is right in a way saying that the agreed amount is important which it certainly is. But what also matters is how many dell sell because that will affect how many they buy from AMD later.
October 12, 2006 1:10:11 AM

Quote:

No soup for you...[/Soupnazi]
That was incredibly pedantic.
October 12, 2006 1:10:50 AM

Quote:
Certainly not the ideal situation, but ... this does mean they are selling every processor they can manufacture, right? This means no large inventory of chips, which require warehouse space and would be subject to ad valorem tax at the end of th year, right?

Ad valorem tax, do you live in Texas?
October 12, 2006 1:12:13 AM

I guess InStat may report at the end of the year, but how do you expect me to tell you how many AMD systems Dell has shipped? If I can find out I will definitely post it.

The first day the story broke (around mid Sept) I checked the ship dates which were I believe Oct 9. The current ship date is Oct 24, 13 days from now and one of the reasons why I hate ordering from Dell or HP.

That's normal. The Dell channel is obviously full. Again if you need money fast you go with volume. Dell produces volume. PERIOD!

Let's hope they don't sell any. You will look really bad.
October 12, 2006 1:15:07 AM

Quote:

Turpit isn't anti intel he's anti BaronMatrix :wink:

BM is right in a way saying that the agreed amount is important which it certainly is. But what also matters is how many dell sell because that will affect how many they buy from AMD later.

Dell picking up AMD is like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. They will move all that they have. Quiet as it's kept Dell has been selling AMD CPUs for some time (check their site). I even heard that they were doing Opteron special orders but it may have been a rumor.
October 12, 2006 1:16:41 AM

Quote:
Turpit isn't anti intel he's anti BaronMatrix

P.S.
So is it alright if I'm anti-Turpit?

Of course it is.

Have at thee.
October 12, 2006 1:17:22 AM

You're seriously pumping Dell.... dear God, what the hell is the world coming too... all this just because you have a love affair with AMD.
October 12, 2006 1:23:13 AM

Quote:
You're seriously pumping Dell.... dear God, what the hell is the world coming too... all this just because you have a love affair with AMD.

No I hate NetBust and it will be awhile before Core 2 trickles into large corporate orders everywhere so I push the AM2 systems as a cushion. If I was a PC retailer I would sell 50% Intel and 50% AMD except that it's harder to market PD vs. Core 2 so it would actually skew towards AMD since I would want to sell systems with a minimum perf\watt.

To do otherwise would be suicide...as Dell can attest (though right now they have lots of extra PD to STILL get rid of).
October 12, 2006 1:59:05 AM

Quote:
Turpit isn't anti intel he's anti BaronMatrix

P.S.
So is it alright if I'm anti-Turpit?

Of course it is.

Have at thee.

Just so you know i wasn't attacking you, just stating the facts and defending turpit against that guy. :wink:
October 12, 2006 2:17:18 AM

Quote:
I guess InStat may report at the end of the year, but how do you expect me to tell you how many AMD systems Dell has shipped? If I can find out I will definitely post it.

The first day the story broke (around mid Sept) I checked the ship dates which were I believe Oct 9. The current ship date is Oct 24, 13 days from now and one of the reasons why I hate ordering from Dell or HP.

That's normal. The Dell channel is obviously full. Again if you need money fast you go with volume. Dell produces volume. PERIOD!

Once again, you have proved nothing. Why are you stuggling to prove that which you clearly cannot prove. Explain to me how a ship date proves Dell has consumed X amount of AMD processors. You cant because it doesnt. PERIOD.

You need to know HOW MANY units dell is shipping which you can then (at least) multiply by the number of days they've been shipping.

You are trying to explain away a numeric deficiency with smoke and mirrors. YOU MUST HAVE NUMBERS.

You are using the AMD horde math of 2 x 2 is not equal to 4
200,000,000 AMD CPUS shipped - "Dell" = 0 AMD CPUs is a meaningless statement.
You must be able to modify the statement to 200,000,000 -"dell" where "Dell" = 200,000,000 AMD CPUs received for that statement to be valid

It doesnt mater how many AMD processors Dell ordered. The could have ordered 100 or 100,000,000,000. If dell ordered 1,200,000 and AMD has only shipped them 500, and theyve only sold 250 to date, then there is no delay in ship dates to indicate a shortage, even though AMD has failed to ship the other 1,199,500.

It doenst matter if AMD manufactured 10 CPUs or 10,000,000. Unless you have actual production numbers, you cannot say AMD is not falling short of production goals.

You cannot use:
Unsettled orders
Shipping dates
Articles which state prospective purchases
Ramping figures
...as facts in regards to production.

A "shipped" number is a fact.

The others are not.

You cannot defend AMD from allegations of production difficulties with the claim that Dell procured the entire production run. BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW HOW MANY AMD HAS PRODUCED OR HOW MANY DELL HAS RECEIVED

As for your "look really bad" comment, I think not. You are proving that you are not reading or lack comprehension skills.

I havnt said "Dell ordered 1AMD CPU" or "Dell has ordered 1million AMD CPUs"l

What I said is you have no proof. What I have said is your supposition and speculation does not equal proof.

Yoo hooo...little clue here, you are the one trying to pass off speculation and supposition as fact...not me. Guess what, maybe its true, maybe its not. You don’t know. You have no proof. Therefore, you cannot state your argument is fact, which is what you are doing.

And that is all you have done. At every post you have pulled out speculation and supposition:

Dell MAY order 1.2 million CPUs
Dell has shipping dates
Dell is ramping up to 30%

Not a single fact

Not a single:
AMD has produced xxxx processors
Dell has shipped xxxx systems
Dell has received xxx processors
Baron is smoking crack again.

Unless you’re going to come back with a fact, give it up. That "Dell ordered umptyfratz AMD CPUs" in no way shape or form disproves the allegation that AMD is having manufacturing difficulties. PERIOD

Perhaps the problem is that you don’t know what a fact is. Allow me to help you.
Here is an example of a simple fact: You don’t know.
October 12, 2006 2:20:43 AM

Quote:

Baron,

What you are saying here does not make much sense. If Dell is putting 30% of their sales AMD, and they have roughly 15% of the market share, this represents about 4.5% share by volume. This is significant, don't get me wrong; however, with one 200 mm fab, AMD has courageously captured > 20% of the marketshare.

Does this not beg the question, WTF is going on with Fab 36? Wasn't it suppose to be online in January (actual online date was late March)? You would think that with a 300mm fab, running at even 10% capacity (for the 300mm fab) that they could have increased their output 20% to get back at least 4% more of what they are already supplying and cover the Dell deal appropriately would you not think? (oops, sorry oxymoron).

Now, I don't disagree that the Dell deal has likely had an impact, but step back and use your head before you make such wild claims. Something is amiss in Wonderland and you have followed the white rabbit into the rabbit hole.

Turpit pretty much nailed it.

Jack

First off I didn't miss you and hoped you would stay away. I have yet to hear about Fab 36 being 90nm. From what I heard they may have 10% of Fab 36 earmarked for 90nm.

It is strictly for 65nm parts which have yet to ship. Why would Dell getting A HELLUVA lot of chips be some wierd whatever you said. There were little to no reports of shortages before Dell started advertising AMD systems, so what else could have changed other than a massive increase in orders from SOMEWHERE?

The answer? PATHETIC, PATHETIC, PATHETIC is your name.
October 12, 2006 2:28:15 AM

Quote:
PATHETIC, PATHETIC, PATHETIC is your name.

..... Anyone wanna make a joke about this one? Is just asking for it.
October 12, 2006 2:41:08 AM

Quote:

Once again, you have proved nothing. Why are you stuggling to prove that which you clearly cannot prove. Explain to me how a ship date proves Dell has consumed X amount of AMD processors. You cant because it doesnt. PERIOD.

You need to know HOW MANY units dell is shipping which you can then (at least) multiply by the number of days they've been shipping.

You are trying to explain away a numeric deficiency with smoke and mirrors. YOU MUST HAVE NUMBERS.

You are using the AMD horde math of 2 x 2 is not equal to 4
200,000,000 AMD CPUS shipped - "Dell" = 0 AMD CPUs is a meaningless statement.
You must be able to modify the statement to 200,000,000 -"dell" where "Dell" = 200,000,000 AMD CPUs received for that statement to be valid

It doesnt mater how many AMD processors Dell ordered. The could have ordered 100 or 100,000,000,000. If dell ordered 1,200,000 and AMD has only shipped them 500, and theyve only sold 250 to date, then there is no delay in ship dates to indicate a shortage, even though AMD has failed to ship the other 1,199,500.

It doenst matter if AMD manufactured 10 CPUs or 10,000,000. Unless you have actual production numbers, you cannot say AMD is not falling short of production goals.

You cannot use:
Unsettled orders
Shipping dates
Articles which state prospective purchases
Ramping figures
...as facts in regards to production.

A "shipped" number is a fact.

The others are not.

You cannot defend AMD from allegations of production difficulties with the claim that Dell procured the entire production run. BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW HOW MANY AMD HAS PRODUCED OR HOW MANY DELL HAS RECEIVED

As for your "look really bad" comment, I think not. You are proving that you are not reading or lack comprehension skills.

I havnt said "Dell ordered 1AMD CPU" or "Dell has ordered 1million AMD CPUs"l

What I said is you have no proof. What I have said is your supposition and speculation does not equal proof.

Yoo hooo...little clue here, you are the one trying to pass off speculation and supposition as fact...not me. Guess what, maybe its true, maybe its not. You don’t know. You have no proof. Therefore, you cannot state your argument is fact, which is what you are doing.

And that is all you have done. At every post you have pulled out speculation and supposition:

Dell MAY order 1.2 million CPUs
Dell has shipping dates
Dell is ramping up to 30%

Not a single fact

Not a single:
AMD has produced xxxx processors
Dell has shipped xxxx systems
Dell has received xxx processors
Baron is smoking crack again.

Unless you’re going to come back with a fact, give it up. That "Dell ordered umptyfratz AMD CPUs" in no way shape or form disproves the allegation that AMD is having manufacturing difficulties. PERIOD

Perhaps the problem is that you don’t know what a fact is. Allow me to help you.
Here is an example of a simple fact: You don’t know.

How many Core Duo processors did Intel ship last month? How many Prescotts? How many Preslers? If you don't know you just want to impress your buddies by arguing.

I never said I knew how many they sold. I said they are selling them and the BANK said they ordered 2 million for 2006. That is 2 million that can't go to anyone else.

PERIOD!!

Oh except of course in LaLa Land.
October 12, 2006 2:42:33 AM

Quote:

I am really very sorry Baron. My response to this post was very long, and I know how much you hate to actually read, so I've summed it up for you in a picture.

October 12, 2006 2:46:24 AM

There seems to be a shortage of 3800 X2 at Newegg. What I don't understand is the 4200 X2's are the same price as the 3800's.
October 12, 2006 2:46:32 AM

Quote:

How many Core Duo processors did Intel ship last month? How many Prescotts? How many Preslers? If you don't know you just want to impress your buddies by arguing.

I never said I knew how many they sold. I said they are selling them and the BANK said they ordered 2 million for 2006. That is 2 million that can't go to anyone else.

PERIOD!!

Guess what. I dont know how many were produced either. Nor have I been trying to disprove Intel has not been having manufacturing difficluties by saying "Dell ordered them all"

Your latest argument proves.........................nothing.

And again
[/list]
October 12, 2006 2:50:21 AM

Quote:

Baron,

What you are saying here does not make much sense. If Dell is putting 30% of their sales AMD, and they have roughly 15% of the market share, this represents about 4.5% share by volume. This is significant, don't get me wrong; however, with one 200 mm fab, AMD has courageously captured > 20% of the marketshare.

Does this not beg the question, WTF is going on with Fab 36? Wasn't it suppose to be online in January (actual online date was late March)? You would think that with a 300mm fab, running at even 10% capacity (for the 300mm fab) that they could have increased their output 20% to get back at least 4% more of what they are already supplying and cover the Dell deal appropriately would you not think? (oops, sorry oxymoron).

Now, I don't disagree that the Dell deal has likely had an impact, but step back and use your head before you make such wild claims. Something is amiss in Wonderland and you have followed the white rabbit into the rabbit hole.

Turpit pretty much nailed it.

Jack

First off I didn't miss you and hoped you would stay away. I have yet to hear about Fab 36 being 90nm. From what I heard they may have 10% of Fab 36 earmarked for 90nm.

It is strictly for 65nm parts which have yet to ship. Why would Dell getting A HELLUVA lot of chips be some wierd whatever you said. There were little to no reports of shortages before Dell started advertising AMD systems, so what else could have changed other than a massive increase in orders from SOMEWHERE?

The answer? PATHETIC, PATHETIC, PATHETIC is your name.

Baron I am shocked, you did not miss me? My pleasure to disappoint. Pathetic huh?? Well, for an AMD fanatic you are poorly misinformed, and for an analyst your skills for keeping up with the Ruiz, Meyers, and Richards leaves a lot to be desired. Your clientele must be unhappy:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,...

Interesting don't you think? What is going on with AMD, 300 mm is online and they can't supply Dell and keep the rest of the market happy? Hmmmmm --- it is one of three things a) people are buying it up or b) AMD is having yield problems or c) AMD is fibbing and Fab 36 really isn't ramping aggressively. I don't know, but what you are saying is rubbish.

Don't worry though, I am not through with you, I am going to 'Vapooooh-rize' your other garbage in the other thread you crapped on today.

Jack

And when you're finished don't forget to kiss my #$%.
October 12, 2006 2:51:35 AM

Quote:

PERIOD!!

Guess what. I dont know how many were produced either. Nor have I been trying to disprove Intel has not been having manufacturing difficluties by saying "Dell ordered them all"

Your latest argument proves.........................nothing.

And again
[/list]

I don't want to prove anything. I want to change the course of your life.
October 12, 2006 2:52:59 AM

Jack, please forgive me for jumping in on this one, but I coulnt resist.

Baron..
October 12, 2006 2:53:42 AM

Quote:

PERIOD!!

Well, Intel has shipped > 40 mil 65 nm processors since the start of the year, AMD has shipped how many?

(Kinda funny seeing that dig at IDF, won't happen too often but it was a amuzing in the face of the dummy book you helped AMD write).

First off I said last month. Second how many were sold by Dell? Third, I guess Dell isn't selling any and AMD is just a bunch of liars who can keep massive problems secret from the entire industry.

That sounds about right. What was I thinking?
October 12, 2006 2:55:10 AM

Quote:

Baron..

Aaah, yet another wayward soul for my collection. I love this job.
October 12, 2006 3:00:11 AM

Quote:

Baron..

Aaah, yet another wayward soul for my collection. I love this job.

Ooooo :lol: 

Trying my own tactics against me? :lol: 

You'll have to try much harder than that.

October 12, 2006 3:08:31 AM

Quote:
I think it is time we ask the Mods to lock this one up.... Baron has, in usual fashion, created a circus.

Jack

The threads are fine until you come in wth your name-calling. Lock the thread. Cancel the forum. Close the Internet. I'll still own your soul.
!