Scan to pdf

Can anybody suggest an easy way of creating PDF files directly from
scanner source? Has anyone succesfully used any third party utility?
Thanks.

Regards.

"Sergio Freitas" <2ndskin@mail.pt> wrote in message
> Can anybody suggest an easy way of creating PDF files directly from
> scanner source? Has anyone succesfully used any third party utility?
> Thanks.
>
> Regards.

OmniPage Pro 14 is an OCR program that will create PDF from a scanner
document.
Best price at:
http://www.scantips.com/

Scroll to middle of page.

About 99% accurate, which saves a lot of correction.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:39:10 GMT, "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> found these
unused words floating about:

>"Sergio Freitas" <2ndskin@mail.pt> wrote in message
>> Can anybody suggest an easy way of creating PDF files directly from
>> scanner source? Has anyone succesfully used any third party utility?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards.
>
>OmniPage Pro 14 is an OCR program that will create PDF from a scanner
>document.
>Best price at:
>http://www.scantips.com/
>
>Scroll to middle of page.
>
>About 99% accurate, which saves a lot of correction.
>
>--
>CSM1
>http://www.carlmcmillan.com

If it's anything like the OmniPage Pro I had, it's a POJ!

Had to keep 'registering' it for nearly every use ... accuracy far less than
Textbridge, too!

I've been using Scanout from Autumna Software. It's a small utility
that works like a charm and is perfectly affordable. Support is
excellent. Doesn't support OCR yet though.

http://www.autumna.com

Cheers.
S.M.

"J. A. Mc." <jaSPAMc@gbr.online.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:39:10 GMT, "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> found
these
> unused words floating about:
>
> >"Sergio Freitas" <2ndskin@mail.pt> wrote in message
> >> Can anybody suggest an easy way of creating PDF files directly from
> >> scanner source? Has anyone succesfully used any third party utility?
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Regards.
> >
> >OmniPage Pro 14 is an OCR program that will create PDF from a scanner
> >document.
> >Best price at:
> >http://www.scantips.com/
> >
> >Scroll to middle of page.
> >
> >About 99% accurate, which saves a lot of correction.
> >
> >--
> >CSM1
> >http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>
> If it's anything like the OmniPage Pro I had, it's a POJ!

Early versions were not as good as the current version. My first OCR program
was a bundled version of Textbridge and it was a POJ.

I currently use OmniPage Pro 12 with all the service packs and it work
pretty good.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 makes PDF files directly from scanned files.
--
Regards,

Peter Sale
Santa Monica, CA USA
To email me, just pull 'my-leg.'
---
"Sergio Freitas" wrote
> Can anybody suggest an easy way of creating PDF files directly from
> scanner source? Has anyone succesfully used any third party utility?

Latest posts