peetul83

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Hello all,

I recently bought my parts online through NewEgg including this motherboard and an E6300 cpu. First time around, idle CPU temp was 50 degrees Celsius! After reseating the hsf numerous times and no change of temperature whatsoever, I thought it was just an isolated case so I RMA'd the two components. I got a new batch today only to find that I have the same exact problem. I am starting to believe it might not be the cpu/mobo at all. Although I have the stock HSF with a AS5 applied, I still believe I should be seeing temp readings below 40 degrees celsius at idle. I have ordered a Scythe Mine, but I'm starting to think that that might not help much either.

One other components I am contemplating is my PSU. It came with the case I bought, rated 500W, but it "feels" cheap and light.

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
what program/method are you using to monitor your temps?

and yes, PSU's that come with cases are typically cheap.

peetul83

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
I used TAT and Coretemp which read about the same temperature readings. Strangely Speedfan and bios temperature readings are a LOT lower though.

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
well i use speedfan, and typically your bios should be the one you want to pay attention to. but thats odd, does speedfan read it some where closer to what your looking for?

theres two options here, either your temp sensor is malfunctioning, or coretemp and TAT are reading it wrong, but that is weird.

peetul83

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
The thing is, I've returned this board and cpu already because of the same problem. I've gotten my 2nd board and cpu but I have the same exact problem. Coretemp and TAT generally read the temperatures about 10 degrees higher than Speedfan and BIOS readings. When I physically touch the hsf, its really not that hot, but "warm." I flashed to the newest bios, tried AS5 and MX-1 on the cpu, and am currently waiting for an aftermarket HSF to help out.

Mike995

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Alot of people are having problems with temperature readings on that board, I dont think its actually your CPU heating up really hot.

peetul83

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
Well, I have installed my Scythe Mine and am getting 45~47 degrees Celsius running my E6300@3.00ghz (433x7) idle, while getting 54~56 degrees Celsius on a full load using dual core Orthos. I am happy with it as it is running stable.