Sign in with
Your question

x850Pro VS x800GTO

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 12, 2006 2:05:17 AM

Having a hard time finding a review comparing these. Which ones is better? They seem to cost the exact same thing.

Would rather not worry about overclocking/unlocking/relfashing or anything else just run at stock.

More about : x850pro x800gto

October 12, 2006 2:53:08 AM

I think stock X850 Pro has 520mhz core and 540mhz memory while stock X800GTO has 400mhz core and 500mhz memory. At stock speeds, X850Pro should be definitely faster although they seem to overclock about the same.
October 12, 2006 2:59:47 AM

Thought I'd add this too.. read on newegg it needs its own power connector even though its AGP? Is this a connector most Power Supplies have or one I need to be careful and check to see if I have?(for the x850pro)
October 12, 2006 3:30:38 AM

Quote:
Thought I'd add this too.. read on newegg it needs its own power connector even though its AGP? Is this a connector most Power Supplies have or one I need to be careful and check to see if I have?(for the x850pro)

It needs an additional power from your supply. Dont worry, as it uses the standard three pronged ones that power your CD drives, HDDs, etc.

I bought an X850 Pro AGP 5 or 6 months ago and love it.If youre feeling brave, you can easily flash the card BIOS and unlock four additional pixel pipelines to up the performance. Because this card uses the same chips as the X850 XT PE, you can overclock it safely to the level of that card (540 core/590 mem). I bought an Artic Cool fan/heatsink and not only get great temps, but the fan is very quiet too. Just make sure you have an extra slot available below the video card for the Artic Cool setup if you decide to get one.

I did everything above and now my card blows away its old setup. Never had any problems with it either.
!