Closed Solved

Out of range

i upgraded from winXP pro running at 1024-768 to windows 7 Ultimate using clean install. now when i start it does POST then screen goes black then blue box saying out of range H.35Khz V.86.6Hz. when it finally gets to windows desktop it runs at 800 - 600 unable to change the slider says i can alter but if i do up comes the screen again and reverts to 800-600
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about range
  1. I think that you need to change the settings in your monitor, not in windows.
  2. Best answer
    Had this happen on an ATI x1650 hooked up to a 17" CRT, it would work for an hour or so and then bam, out of range. Ended up gluing a small fan to the back bolts of the heatsink and never had the problem again.
  3. could you tell us what graphics card you have got, i had the same thing happen with my ati 3850. It would just randomly say out of range.
  4. shrex said:
    could you tell us what graphics card you have got, i had the same thing happen with my ati 3850. It would just randomly say out of range.

it says i have a standard VGA Graphics Adapter on the motherboard i have a 266 processor and 2Gb ram> resolution drop down box says i can have 1280 - 1024 Computer Philips IQon (Asus)
  5. Do you have a discrete video card or are you using the onboard graphics on you motherboard? What motherboard do you have? Did you install the graphics drivers? Windows 7 is not loading the graphics drivers so it is setting the graphisc setting to the lowest values.
  6. Do you have the correct driver for you GPU?
  7. This topic has been closed by Saint19
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Clean Install