Test before upgrading 98 to XP?

November 27, 2004 12:41:08 PM

I understand that there is a MS program that you can run on your computer to
see if it is capable of running XP.

Try as I might, I was not able to find it on the MS Site.

I did find one that would test for application compatibility, but I seem to
recall that there was one that checked your machine too.
Any thoughts out there??

Thanks
Dunc

More about : test upgrading

Anonymous
November 27, 2004 2:47:54 PM

Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726

HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316639

HOW TO: Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316941&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Dunc" wrote:

| I understand that there is a MS program that you can run on your computer to
| see if it is capable of running XP.
|
| Try as I might, I was not able to find it on the MS Site.
|
| I did find one that would test for application compatibility, but I seem to
| recall that there was one that checked your machine too.
| Any thoughts out there??
|
| Thanks
| Dunc
Anonymous