Test before upgrading 98 to XP?

I understand that there is a MS program that you can run on your computer to
see if it is capable of running XP.

Try as I might, I was not able to find it on the MS Site.

I did find one that would test for application compatibility, but I seem to
recall that there was one that checked your machine too.
Any thoughts out there??

Thanks
Dunc
2 answers Last reply
More about test upgrading

    Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726

    HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
    Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316639

    HOW TO: Install Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316941&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Dunc" wrote:

    | I understand that there is a MS program that you can run on your computer to
    | see if it is capable of running XP.
    |
    | Try as I might, I was not able to find it on the MS Site.
    |
    | I did find one that would test for application compatibility, but I seem to
    | recall that there was one that checked your machine too.
    | Any thoughts out there??
    |
    | Thanks
    | Dunc

    Thanks Carey!

    > Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726
    >
    > HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
    > Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316639
    >
    > HOW TO: Install Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316941&Product=winxp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    > "Dunc" wrote:
    >
    > | I understand that there is a MS program that you can run on your
    > computer to
    > | see if it is capable of running XP.
    > |
    > | Try as I might, I was not able to find it on the MS Site.
    > |
    > | I did find one that would test for application compatibility, but I seem
    > | recall that there was one that checked your machine too.
    > | Any thoughts out there??
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > | Dunc

Microsoft Windows XP