These are the steps to transfer his old mail, and set up his account:
1. BACKUP the Outlook 2007 e-mail/calender etc using the "PST" option (to thumb drive, CD etc)
2. Install Office 2007 on the new computer
3. Setup the e-mail account in Office 2007 (can be tricky to get all the settings correct)
4. IMPORT the PST file that was backed up
5. send HIMSELF an e-mail to verify send and receive works
*Outlook 2007 e-mail can only be transferred to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 (not sure about previous Outlook programs). There is currently no way to import the e-mail to any other program.
Thank you so much, I'll relay the answer...