Office 2007 and Windows7

Status
Not open for further replies.

janski01

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
My friend had an old computer with XP and Office 2007. He has had a new desktop custom made and is telling me his mail is not Windows Live Mail, or any Windows live program, but goes thru his Office 2007 somehow. He cannot access his mail. I have never heard of this, can you help me understand?
Thanks

Solution
These are the steps to transfer his old mail, and set up his account:

1. BACKUP the Outlook 2007 e-mail/calender etc using the "PST" option (to thumb drive, CD etc)
2. Install Office 2007 on the new computer
3. Setup the e-mail account in Office 2007 (can be tricky to get all the settings correct)
4. IMPORT the PST file that was backed up
5. send HIMSELF an e-mail to verify send and receive works

*Outlook 2007 e-mail can only be transferred to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 (not sure about previous Outlook programs). There is currently no way to import the e-mail to any other program.
These are the steps to transfer his old mail, and set up his account:

1. BACKUP the Outlook 2007 e-mail/calender etc using the "PST" option (to thumb drive, CD etc)
2. Install Office 2007 on the new computer
3. Setup the e-mail account in Office 2007 (can be tricky to get all the settings correct)
4. IMPORT the PST file that was backed up
5. send HIMSELF an e-mail to verify send and receive works

*Outlook 2007 e-mail can only be transferred to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 (not sure about previous Outlook programs). There is currently no way to import the e-mail to any other program.

Solution

janski01

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011

Thank you so much, I'll relay the answer...
Janski

Status
Not open for further replies.