New Virus, cannot access certain folders

sevir

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
My wife was on facebook and all of a sudden the hard drive failed and went into a reboot death loop. I got all that fixed, but now i cannot access my pictures/videos and music folders. All my permissions are there. When i go to open the file, it says the folders are empty. When i click properties it shows data there but no folders. I can access the files and data through Windows Media player, so i know everything is still there. Basically i can do everything but access the files. What can I do to unlock the folders for access?

rypirate

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
I'm trying to resolve this exact issue. I encountered a bad virus which triggered a death loop, so I took care of the virus via Malwarebytes. Everything works fine except now I cannot access music or pictures. When I open the folder it appears empty, but when I check properties it shows there are files in the folder. I can still play the music with WMP, so I know the music is still there, even though I can't get to them in the folder. Does anyone know of a way to recover the files?

sevir

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

i was able to get mine to work, the only way i could do it was to revert the folder to a previous set point.

-right click on the folder
-properties
-click on previous versions tab
-then click open on different folders until you see one that has the folder restored
-then click restore on that folder