Can't use site to order SP2 CD

When I browse to
https://oms2.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/xpsp2na467/en-us/OM/CI/CustomerInfo.asp
and try to fill out the form for ordering an SP2 CD, I can't enter any of
the data ... hovering the cursor over a blank space and clicking doesn't
give me (blinking?) vertical-bar cursor one usually sees, and typing has no
effect. All I can do is select the state with the pull-down menu.

I click the prompt to accept cookies, to allow scripts, and to even allow
active-X controls and plugins.

Any ideas?

I'm actually doing this from a Win Me computer. Does the site only work
with XP?

(IIRC, I want this so I can more easily sell an unopened XP upgrade I got --
I've decided to get a new computer with XP already on it instead.)

try
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

"ggull" <ggullSPAM@NOTrcn.com> wrote in message
| When I browse to

https://oms2.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/xpsp2na467/en-us/OM/CI/CustomerInfo.asp
| and try to fill out the form for ordering an SP2 CD, I
can't enter any of
| the data ... hovering the cursor over a blank space and
clicking doesn't
| give me (blinking?) vertical-bar cursor one usually sees,
and typing has no
| effect. All I can do is select the state with the
pull-down menu.

| I click the prompt to accept cookies, to allow scripts,
and to even allow
| active-X controls and plugins.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| I'm actually doing this from a Win Me computer. Does the
site only work
| with XP?
|
| (IIRC, I want this so I can more easily sell an unopened
XP upgrade I got --
| I've decided to get a new computer with XP already on it
instead.)

Apologies for jumping the gun. I fiddled some more and discovered a
work-around. Instead of left-clicking, I can enter my data by right-button
clicking, then selecting "select all" from the menu that pops up, then
typing at the cursor that appears. I have to do this for each box. Messy,
but it seems to have worked.

As far as I can tell my mouse seems to be working normally on other sites.

Weird.
"ggull" <ggullSPAM@NOTrcn.com> wrote in message
> When I browse to

https://oms2.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/xpsp2na467/en-us/OM/CI/CustomerInfo.asp
> and try to fill out the form for ordering an SP2 CD, I can't enter any of
> the data ... hovering the cursor over a blank space and clicking doesn't
> give me (blinking?) vertical-bar cursor one usually sees, and typing has
no
> effect. All I can do is select the state with the pull-down menu.
>
> I click the prompt to accept cookies, to allow scripts, and to even allow
> active-X controls and plugins.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I'm actually doing this from a Win Me computer. Does the site only work
> with XP?
>
> (IIRC, I want this so I can more easily sell an unopened XP upgrade I
got --
> I've decided to get a new computer with XP already on it instead.)

Hi

Try this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"ggull" <ggullSPAM@NOTrcn.com> wrote in message
> When I browse to
> https://oms2.one.microsoft.com/anonymous/xpsp2na467/en-us/OM/CI/CustomerInfo.asp
> and try to fill out the form for ordering an SP2 CD, I can't enter any of
> the data ... hovering the cursor over a blank space and clicking doesn't
> give me (blinking?) vertical-bar cursor one usually sees, and typing has
> no
> effect. All I can do is select the state with the pull-down menu.
>
> I click the prompt to accept cookies, to allow scripts, and to even allow
> active-X controls and plugins.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I'm actually doing this from a Win Me computer. Does the site only work
> with XP?
>
> (IIRC, I want this so I can more easily sell an unopened XP upgrade I
> got --
> I've decided to get a new computer with XP already on it instead.)

That was the site I started from. It linked to the site I provided the URL
for after I selected country and language. I tried again anyway, with same
results. But thanks for the idea.

(As I mentioned in my own followup, this is no longer operationally
important since I discovered a work-around. But it is weird.)

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote >