P5N32 SE Sli Deluxe - QVL?

hellzfury

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Sorry if this has been asked before but I as trying to find the QVL on the asus site for DDR2 800 MHZ memory and I cannot locate one.

The manual says to check the website but I cannot find anything for 800 mhz support for this mobo even though the box and website both say that this mobo supports it. Does anyone have a link to an updated qvl list for this mobo?

Thanks

crimsonfilms

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
I have not seen a QVL for 800 Mhz, but I am running 2 x 1GB of Corsair XMS DDR800 RAM.

Just make sure your RAM is being detected properly. If not, you will need to set the timing manually - including voltage and 1T/2T.
If I let this mobo do it for me, it was unstable.

Stryder319

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
I'm pretty sure it's located in your manual, I have the same board and I looked at it somewhere, Im pretty sure thats where it was. They say also refer to asus.com but I have had trouble finding the QVL on their site. Hope it helps somewhat.

hellzfury

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
The manual has only 667/533 qvl listed no 800 mhz. Doesn't make any sense to me that they say that it supports it but dont list any.

Crimson what timings/voltage are you running your Corsair at - just wondering as I was looking at getting a matched pair of corsair to run in it.

Stryder319

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
Did you have to change the timings to the suggested or did the bios default to those timings already? Just curious I just reinstalled after redoing my system and haven't looked at my RAM timings yet.

R0B0T

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
So i just bought this same board, and i was thinking of playing it safe and going with the DDR2 Corsair XMS memory rated for 800mhz operation, is it a safe bet?

Pentium D 805, P5N32 SE Sli Deluxe, thermal take 650watt psu, and eVGA Gefore 7950 GT, just missing the ram what ram should i buy?

and im aware of the pentium D 805's operating speed i plan to hopfully overclock with this hardware and a water cooling kit i have yet to purchase

crimsonfilms

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
I had the 805 before the E6600 on the same mobo and RAM. It ran fine. Just make sure you clear the CMOS and may need to adjust the RAM settings in the BIOS to make it stable.

grimmysnr

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Actually there is no technical malfunction specified , hes looking for the verification list for any DDR2 800 ram that works awesome with this MB. I happened to have done my homework for several months before purchasing it and understand the position hes in. So instead of standing around scratching his head trying to figure out what ram would be best i gave him my recommendation on what i think would work in his favor.

Ultimately, it is still his desicion whether he wants to purchase that particular ram or not but once you DO find the QVL listing for this board it specifically states the 6400C4 works bueatifully with it. Although, the motherboard manual does not say DDR2 800 is compatible that is completely inaccurate and in most ram compatibility listing you find DDR2800 from corsair is the way to go.

If he has stated that he purchased ram and it was malfuntioning then i would have taken steps to help with as i have been gaining more and more experience with this board everyday.

goodluck to ya.

R0B0T

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Ok so i bought Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400c4 memory Works Great! with this boards ive had zero issues, i am running a 805D with the stock intel cooler, i even overclocked the external cpu frequency to 166 for a 667 FSB and a total CPU clock rate of 3335.20, and ive had not trouble out of the system, cpu stays around 43 Degrees Celcius also this is with no volatage core increase and the cpu vcore reads at 1.232v

thats all, im gonna get a water cooling kit soon and see if i can take the thing to 4.1GHZ like toms hardware did with the gigabyte board[/img]

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
This is all really good to read. As I too have been trying to find the QVL list for this board and have come up with nothing i have even downloaded the online manual with still no luck. I recently ordered my whole new computer and i am hoping that i won't have any memory issues with it. I purchased the Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400 ram i didn't see the point in having EPP i OC manually. Does anyone know if this might affect me in anyway with compatiability with my MB not gettin the EPP memory?

grimmysnr

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
In all honesty if u had two sticks of ram and one had EPP and the other didnt but u didnt know either way im sure u would never know. When i purchase hardware sometimes what tips the scales in my choices is what extra features something has. Otherwise, i would just sit there scratching my head trying to decide which ram i should get. For me EPP was just another feature, lord knows ill prolly never know the difference but meh fuck it its just another feature.

So im sure you will be just fine either way, matter of fact i read that EPP is used mostly for OCing to insane speeds. So if thats not u then ur good to go.

R0B0T

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Whats EPP i wasnt aware of this feature, i plan to over clock pretty high, so am in trouble having the cosair 2048 twinx memory?